shoes for flat pedals- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

shoes for flat pedals

If your a big guy you already know how hard it is to find clothes shoes etc.
    Ok so here is the story I developed a heel spur got off the bike for a few months did PT cortizone ( big mistake) then strated feeling better got back on the bike was doing great until I hit a soft off camber turn at fontana put my foot down and tore a tendon in the arch of my foot. yep not fun limping around in a boot.
    so that is now starting to get better and am looking for shoes that are stiff on the bottom like clip shoes with a tackey flat bottom for platform pedals, easy right 661 or five ten Nop I wear a 14!
    anyone out there come across anything that fits that?

Ps if you are injured stay away from cortizone way bad news

Dirt Deviant
    I'm also looking for some size 14-15 shoes that have support on the botton like 661 or 5-10's for running flat pedals. Hard item to find!!!!!
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    I just run Vans. Donno if they have sizes that big though.

Hip

Feb 2008
    Vans would probably make you a few pairs but I think they actually have them that large. Converse Chucks at the Big Man store too...

Hip

Feb 2008

Feb 2008
    Thanks for the link, got me some DC bmx style shoes =D

calma
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeybear
    If your a big guy you already know how hard it is to find clothes shoes etc.
    Ok so here is the story I developed a heel spur got off the bike for a few months did PT cortizone ( big mistake) then strated feeling better got back on the bike was doing great until I hit a soft off camber turn at fontana put my foot down and tore a tendon in the arch of my foot. yep not fun limping around in a boot.
    so that is now starting to get better and am looking for shoes that are stiff on the bottom like clip shoes with a tackey flat bottom for platform pedals, easy right 661 or five ten Nop I wear a 14!
    anyone out there come across anything that fits that?

Ps if you are injured stay away from cortizone way bad news
    My suggestion is the Five Ten shoe here is the link: http://www.fiveten.com/

You may need to inquire if they make a size 14, it is not indicated, but some time companies make limited runs if the request are their.

The shoe is great, very durable (had mine for 2 sesons - going on the third with no issues. The rubber sticks to my shimano dx pedals like glue, which sometimes is a pain. They reinforced the soles for addition protection of the underfoot.

The shoes has stopped pedal slip, absorbed many impacts from poor dj landings, etc.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Good job! Stumbled onto bmx shoes

I lucked out and dropped by a BMX store, and she pulled a pair of 14's right off the shelf. Orchid makes a great shoe in 14. Nice and stiff since they are made for pedaling, good grippy soles, and well padded for protection. Their web site has no size info at all, so you'd just have to stumble onto them. Mine have stood up very well.

I really couldn't find anything besides Vans in 14(no support especially in big sizes). Not sure about other BMX shoe companies, since they all seem to be sketchy on info.

www.orchidfootwear.com

5:10, Shimano & 661 only make shoes up to size 13

My Brain Hurts!
    Hmm...

I just buy my shoes from Waly World or some such place. I find cross training shoe with an aggressive tread and wear them out! Then I do it again....The tread on the shoes help keep the feet on the pedals and is not too bad to occasionally slide a foot on a turn on smoother trails.

Cheaper too....
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

Members who have read this thread: 0