shoes fit- Mtbr.com

Thread: shoes fit

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

shoes fit

Cannondale, Diadora, Lake, Northwave. Can anyone recommend which shoes of those (or may be others) fit in actual size to the one marked on a shoe or how to choose correctly? I am wearing wide 45. Recently tried Shimano 46 but found them a bit small and narrow. I am going to buy online but probably it is not the best idea without trying

AZ
    banned
    What shoe do you currently use ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just bought Shimano M076 and they run true to my size. The guy who sold them to me told me that Shimanos are always close to real sizes. I tried on Izumis and they were not true to size

I'm just messing with you
    I found Diadora and Lake to be narrow. Ended up with Specialized BG shoes to give my toes room to breathe.

Maybe it'd be OK to mail order once you've got your size nailed down for a manufacturer, but until then buying local is the way to go since shipping shoes back isn't cheap if they don't fit. .
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

since 4/10/2009
    This is an important discussion for me right now. I noticed on my Sunday right that the soles of my Spesh BG Comp shoes have mostly delaminated from the uppers. My ride was a bit tricky, since my attachment to the pedals was not as solid as it used to be.

Overall fit of the BG shoes was okay, but right in the middle of my foot on the outside edge, the BG shoes get too narrow and 'pinch' my foot.

I live in the boonies and driving hours to a decent shop just to try on shoes isn't cool. My local shop doesn't really have much.

I usually have to visit multiple places to get a good fit for other shoes, too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    What shoe do you currently use ?
    I am going to buy my 1st bike shoes as I start to feel all disadvantages of stone age pedaling.

Concerning Shimano I find it very strange that Hill_Lover bought the true size. Shimano is one of a few shops selling bike shoes in my area. They had a small heap of 45 but all of them were real 44 or so. The shop girl said Shimano sizes never fit.
    Unfortunately neither of other shops has a true 45 that is why I have nothing to do but to order online.

don't try this at home
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    This is an important discussion for me right now. I noticed on my Sunday right that the soles of my Spesh BG Comp shoes have mostly delaminated from the uppers. My ride was a bit tricky, since my attachment to the pedals was not as solid as it used to be.

Overall fit of the BG shoes was okay, but right in the middle of my foot on the outside edge, the BG shoes get too narrow and 'pinch' my foot.

I live in the boonies and driving hours to a decent shop just to try on shoes isn't cool. My local shop doesn't really have much.

I usually have to visit multiple places to get a good fit for other shoes, too.
    i have to agree with this assessment so far. have only gone a couple of rides and i'm not totally diggin' these yet. the toe-box is fine, but the sides aren't. i was wearing some sidi megas before and hope to one day afford another pair.
    will you rep me?

keeping it dirty
    I usually wear a size 9.5 - 10.5 US and the Shimano M086L I just got in 44 seems to fit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill_Lover
    I just bought Shimano M076 and they run true to my size. The guy who sold them to me told me that Shimanos are always close to real sizes. I tried on Izumis and they were not true to size
    Same here with the m076. I bought them online and never fitted myself. Just ordered my size and they fit like a glove.

Disgruntled Peccary
    Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    i have to agree with this assessment so far. have only gone a couple of rides and i'm not totally diggin' these yet. the toe-box is fine, but the sides aren't. i was wearing some sidi megas before and hope to one day afford another pair.
    I tried on about 4 different BG shoes before one model fit right... as well as a whole bunch of other manufacturers shoes. Seems to me that almost every model is built on a different last.
    mike

AZ
    banned
    Bonty RL , Sidi Carbon , Shimano . Found these to be true to size .

mtbr member
    I have found that the new Bontrager shoes are much wider than many shoes in their Size range.

I wear a wide 11 in US shoes, and the Bonty Race shoes in a 45 fit me perfectly with a bit of toe room to spare (in a good way)

mtbr member
    just order from zappos.. with free shipping both ways.. as long as you dont scuff up the shoes trying them on... youll find a pair that fit properly and wont be overpaying by buying locally...

Members who have read this thread: 0