Shoes? Exustar Sm631- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Shoes? Exustar Sm631

Anyone know anything about these?

I just ordered them since they seem to be a good bargain. I got some Shimano M520 pedals for my Trek 3900, but I haven't been able to find any reviews of these shoes. Reviews of similar look pretty good for the money, but I would be interested in hearing about these.

Also, this will show my noobness, what is the buckle on the side for? Is that just to insure tightness?

Mar 2007
    The buckle on the side it one of three tightening mechanisms. Two are velcro and one is a ratchet which helps get the strap tight. If you've ever been snow skiing, the buckle works in the exact same way as the buckle on most ski boots would work.

I've never heard of the company. Although they have apparently been making cycling shoes since '95. I'm sure they must have learned something in that time. After you've put a few hours worth of experience in those shoes, might be nice to post the world's first review of that shoe.

Air Pirate
    My daughter has a different model of Exustar shoes. They have held up really well in the two years she has had them. No problems with materials or workmanship.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Good to know. I will post a review after I get a couple trips in 'em...

As for the buckles, that makes me feel better. Hopefully the buckle isn't what makes me suck at skiing though and hopefully it doesn't translate to the bike!

Members who have read this thread: 0