Shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Shoes

Jun 2004

Shoes

Hi,

I am in the market for new mountain bike shoes. There are not many women's shoes in those discount websites, I say that is chauvanistic Anyway, I am looking at paying up to $130(be great if I could find last year's model for cheaper). I have narrow long feet, and am looking for something I can compete in but also hike and bike comfortably in, which I guess is an oxymoron. I need stiff for competition, but comfortable for 40 hour adventure races. Any of you girls have a suggestion I would be very thankful. Thanks, Laurie

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngirl
    Hi,

I am in the market for new mountain bike shoes. There are not many women's shoes in those discount websites, I say that is chauvanistic Anyway, I am looking at paying up to $130(be great if I could find last year's model for cheaper). I have narrow long feet, and am looking for something I can compete in but also hike and bike comfortably in, which I guess is an oxymoron. I need stiff for competition, but comfortable for 40 hour adventure races. Any of you girls have a suggestion I would be very thankful. Thanks, Laurie
    My wife really digs the Pearl Izumi shoes she has (she's got the cheapie stylie shoes), and I've had good luck with their midlevel shoe. Performance had them on sale for ~$45 last week, maybe still do?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    apparently someone makes makes exactly what you described. At last weekends NORBA Nat Mud fest some competitors used their *Adventure Racing* shoes. kind of like really good sneakers with a place for a cleat. My friend said when her competitors were tip toeing across the rocks in their high end bike shoes that she was running down making huge strides because of her shoes.

Sidi's rule.

search below. this topic has been up before.

Apr 2004
    Cannondale makes some nice ones that are like a cross between hiking boots, athletic shoes and have room for your cleat. I have a pair of the cannondale clogs which are like a slip on tennis shoe (but they fit tight, no slippage) with room for a cleat. They are quite comfortable and are what I intend to wear during the Lemans start/running stage of my endurance events this year.

Feb 2005

Expensive Buckle Systems

After several years of riding with expensive Sidi shoes with ratcheting buckles I'm ready to go back to plain velcro straps. The buckles are always getting weeds and debri stuck in them so that when I'm ready to kick my shoes off at the end of a ride instead I'm picking flowers and crud out of my buckles so that I can get them off my feet. You will probably save some money by opting out of the fancy retaining systems offered on high end shoes. I still like Sidi shoes but I am returning to the old one hand to undo the straps method.

Apr 2004
    I like buying mens bike shoes because women's bike shoes, and i've found the same with women's ski boots tend to run a bit too narrow and are horribly uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by southerngirl
    Hi,