shoes.

Printable View

• 03-05-2007
    ScottJensen
    shoes.
    need a new pair of mtn shoes and want to know what everyone likes. spec clipless. do you use reg mtb shoes (really wanna hear from these people), how do you like them? what are good shoes? people running skate spd's, do they offer enough support? thanks
  • 03-05-2007
    steve owens
    I use a pair of 661 dually spd. They are a little warm in the summer, but they offer some nice support. I like wearing a 3/4 shoe, and the dually even has a little built in ankle protection. I've been using the regular duallies with my flats, and it was natural for me to use them when I clip in.
  • 03-05-2007
    chooofoojoo
    510s are THE best ever. They make you feel like you are clipped in, but you are not. I am rockin' 510s with the New Atomlab pedals and they stick like superglue.
  • 03-06-2007
    Huck Banzai
    Shoe threads are now as common as fork threads...

• 03-06-2007
    boogenman
    Five Tens are the best you can get. I got a few pairs of them back when they were intense and I have never used anything since.
  • 03-06-2007
    dhslovak
    For clipless downhill riding I'd suggest looking at the shimano DX, It's wide like a skate shoe, so if you have to unclip you won't feel like the shoe is sliding all over the place.
  • 03-06-2007
    suicidebomber
    I'm running platforms and I use Vans skate shoes. The shoes are OK enough, but it could get slippery.

But my friend's shop carries Shimano DXs, I hope it's my size.
  • 03-07-2007
    Kevin G
    How 'bout Adidas Plush:

• 03-07-2007
    austinb89
    just search for my thread abotu the 5.10 impacts, thats all you need
  • 03-10-2007
    steez
    count one more vote for the 5.10s. I had dually's before and thought they were good, but man o man 5.10 is a whole different ball game. I'd wear 'em to work if I wasn't saving them for my rides.
  • 03-10-2007
    Huck Banzai
    mocassins