Shoe sizing...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Shoe sizing...

mtbr member

Shoe sizing...

So I'm about to order a pedal/shoe combo but the sizes listed are 43 (which it calls a 9.5) and 44 (which it calls a 10.5).

I am a TRUE 10 so this is tough. do they generally run large or small? Should I play safe and go big and wear two pairs of socks? should I go small and wear them loose and stretch them out?

Kinda in a pickle here and I need them delivered before my Big Sky trip 8/24.

DWEINA

Good

good post...

mtbr member
    Go 44... Your feet swell during the ride..also, take a couple of hours and read around.. Ask people people online who have the shoe if they run big or small or true to size..Are the shoes narrow or wide(this can very a lot from mfg to mfg , sidi narrow,bontrger wide,northwave wide,specialized med)...you figure you'll be wearing these shoes for long periods of times and have them for years..do your homework and youll be happy you did..
    My free racing tv guide-- www.racingtvguide.com

mtbr member
    Very helpful, that's exactly what I was looking for. Trouble is buying them online I will never know what they feel like until I get them.

I agree the 44 is probably the safer choice.

psycho cyclo addict
    +1 for getting 44's. I wear a 10.5 shoe in many brands. As for SPD shoes, it varies- 45 in Sidi Dominator, 45.5 in Lake, 46 in Shimano.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I wear size 10 and have Shimano shoes in size 44.

mtbr member
    Depends on the shoe. I am a true 10 and wear a 43.5 sidi.
    I find when the shoes warm up they stretch a bit. Again depends on brand.
    Online shopping tip in this case. Order the two sizes you are undecided about. You usually can return stuff with no problem. I ship everyday UPS and have an account so its cheap. If you do it USPS it will be inexpensive. Pak and mail places are usually a rip.
    my point here is if you have a trip deadline approaching the dollars spent on return shipping is no big deal.
    Ride it like you stole it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Order both sizes if youre not sure....but you can generally find sizing opinions on the interwebs if you do a bit of research.

Members who have read this thread: 0