shoe recomendation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

shoe recomendation

Well I've been sharing many many miles with my trusty Sidi Dominators since about 1996 and they finally gave up the ghost. It goes without saying that I need something to replace them as pieces of the sole are tearing off. problem is that times have changed since my days of gettin EP on nice things while working at a bike shop. My foot is pretty standard, size 42, mid to high arch, not very wide. Anyone have a shoe recommendation that won't break the bank, yet won't leave me wishing my Sidis were back in one piece?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Well, I've owned only one pair of bike shoes in my life, so can't recommend anything. Just wanted to say that I would go to a bike shop and try different brands for best fit. I picked out a nice modestly-priced Shimano shoe based on reviews, but have often criticized my wife for buying clothes mail-order. So I went to a LBS to try them on. The shoes would not fit me. So I ended up with Bontragers, which fit great.

MAYBE you could find a shoe of the same brand as yours mail-order and it would fit. Hopefully someone who knows more about it will comment.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    SIDI is the best shoes brand ever.
    I'm using a 12 year old shoes still.
    They worth what they cost!

mtbr member
    Love the fit of sidis, always blow out the soles, from the old cyclocross version pre- clipless days to several pairs of dominators. Ran a pair of Time mtb shoes for a short while last season before switching to flats- they had a similar fit but seemed tougher, with good toe box protection, than dominators.

banned
    Jul 2012
    Sidi ST Sports Motorcycle Boots are best shoes for motorcycle riders. I am using these shoes for last five years and still they are in a very good condition. Sidi is a famous brand of all time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The Specialized Rime is proving really, really strong and durable. They are not cheap, but I'm totally satisfied with them. I trashed two pairs of Shimanos (soles came peeling off) in four months before switching to the Specialized Rime. Highly recommended.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by addATX View Post
    The Specialized Rime is proving really, really strong and durable. They are not cheap, but I'm totally satisfied with them. I trashed two pairs of Shimanos (soles came peeling off) in four months before switching to the Specialized Rime. Highly recommended.
    +1 for the Rimes. Durable, protective, and reasonably light. After buying my pair, I talked a couple of my riding buddies into the shoes, and have heard no complaints. Best part is the real Vibram rubber soles. Sidis are also great, but the plastic lugs are lethal on wet rock hike-a-bikes.

webskipper
    I chose the Pearl iZUMi Men's Race MTB Mountain Biking Shoe STK#5783.

That's the brand I run with. When I was fitted for running shoes the Pearls just happened to be the best fitting shoe. No sense torturing your feet to save a few bucks. Got the bike shoes for $99 online (ama zon).

First pair of clips. Weight: 374g.

shop.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=43&product_id=1477213& outlet=&color_code=3DM

mtbr member
    Just take them to a local cobbler and see if they can come up with a new sole for that shoe. The uppers look in prime condition. Cobblers are our friends.

Members who have read this thread: 0