Shirt w/pockets, not roadie-style- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,740

    Shirt w/pockets, not roadie-style

    I'm looking for a casual/dirt style jersey that has pockets in rear lower back area... like roadie-style shirts but without elastic arm cuffs and lower shirt cuff.

    Anything out there?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    609
    I have never seen anything like this.
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,380
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    I'm looking for a casual/dirt style jersey that has pockets in rear lower back area... like roadie-style shirts but without elastic arm cuffs and lower shirt cuff.

    Anything out there?
    That's because it's roadie shirt. Mt bikers are way too cool for that junk.

  4. #4
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    That's because it's roadie shirt. Mt bikers are way too cool for that junk.
    I have been leaning towards road jerseys, very comfy and fresh for riding in SoCal heat. I prefer the tighter fit as well.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    478
    I've only seen loose dirt style as you call it with single small pockets with zippers. Problem with pockets on a loose fit is that stuff will bounce around and hang too low. A better option is a snug fitting road jersey or bib shorts with pockets that a loose jersey will cover.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,740
    So perhaps I'll have more luck in looking for a road-style/fit jersey that does not have elastic in arms and waist. Truth be told, I manually removed the elastic from a jersey like this and it is comfy. I guess I just don't like the squeezy elastic feeling.

  7. #7
    Robertson
    Reputation: rpearce1475's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    872
    Last year's (2016) TLD Ace jersey is exactly what you're describing, non elastic sleeves or cuffs but with the 3 roadie style back pockets (middle one has an extra outside zipper pocket) and a 1/2 zip front. I have one and it's one of my favorite jerseys

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    Last year's (2016) TLD Ace jersey is exactly what you're describing, non elastic sleeves or cuffs but with the 3 roadie style back pockets (middle one has an extra outside zipper pocket) and a 1/2 zip front. I have one and it's one of my favorite jerseys
    Thanks that's pretty much what I'm looking for

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: d365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Surely, you're not going to load down the pockets with anything substantial, and think it rides good over anything bumpy. Something has to support that weight hanging down, swinging around, and without an elastic waste - that would be your neck and armpits.

    Pearl Izumi, Specialized, and others make liner bibs with the three pockets, and it carries the weight (full water bottle, phone, and multitool, etc) even better than a proper fit roadie jersey does. The bibs are very comfy otherwise, and I wear them even when I don't need the pockets.

  10. #10
    Demon Cleaner
    Reputation: Structure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    625
    If you like the style of these:https://www.clubrideapparel.com/collections/men

    Most models have built in pockets at the rear. They aren't identical to road jersey's, (most are zippered) but they're quite handy. I find the lose synthetic to be much more comfortable in hotter weather than a tight jersey.
    Bicycling is politics by other means.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Surely, you're not going to load down the pockets with anything substantial, and think it rides good over anything bumpy. Something has to support that weight hanging down, swinging around, and without an elastic waste - that would be your neck and armpits.

    Pearl Izumi, Specialized, and others make liner bibs with the three pockets, and it carries the weight (full water bottle, phone, and multitool, etc) even better than a proper fit roadie jersey does. The bibs are very comfy otherwise, and I wear them even when I don't need the pockets.
    Admittedly the pocket is used mostly for an additional(folding) bottle. One on bike and one in pocket allows me to handle up to 2 hours riding. Most of my tools are in various bike/SWAT locations already.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Legbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,564
    If you want to carry a bottle, get bibs with pockets. Much better than a fanny pack, or roadie Jersey. I have Specialized SWATs, and Sombrio Smuggle bibs, and the SWATs are my favourite. I haven't needed a hydration pack, even though it's summer.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

    Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    If you want to carry a bottle, get bibs with pockets. Much better than a fanny pack, or roadie Jersey. I have Specialized SWATs, and Sombrio Smuggle bibs, and the SWATs are my favourite. I haven't needed a hydration pack, even though it's summer.
    Travis always has a ton of water on him and no backpack. I am jealous.



    I don't wear padded bike shorts so those SWAT style bibs don't work for me. I have used a small fanny pack like in the image. Holds a 1L soft bottle + a couple energy bars and I don't even know I have it on. Fits under a loose MTB style jersey and doesn't make your back sweat.

    You don't need a bike specific fanny pack either. Anything small on sale at REI would work just fine.

    Nice thing is you are not limited by a specific jersey or set of bibs. This will work with any clothes you want to wear and it's cheap.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,050

  15. #15
    Armature speller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,178
    Specialized SWAT Vest?

Similar Threads

  1. How to add pockets to a cycling shirt.
    By morkys in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2017, 02:39 PM
  2. T-shirt with 'jersey' pockets- Am I the only one?
    By Impetus in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 06:47 AM
  3. Gilets with chest pockets and hand pockets with zips
    By Rotund in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2013, 04:51 PM
  4. Unobtrussive compression shirt/padded shirt
    By MTBCanuck in forum Arizona
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 09:23 AM

Members who have read this thread: 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.