Shirt w/pockets, not roadie-style- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Shirt w/pockets, not roadie-style

I'm looking for a casual/dirt style jersey that has pockets in rear lower back area... like roadie-style shirts but without elastic arm cuffs and lower shirt cuff.

Anything out there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I have never seen anything like this.
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    I'm looking for a casual/dirt style jersey that has pockets in rear lower back area... like roadie-style shirts but without elastic arm cuffs and lower shirt cuff.

Anything out there?
    That's because it's roadie shirt. Mt bikers are way too cool for that junk.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    That's because it's roadie shirt. Mt bikers are way too cool for that junk.
    I have been leaning towards road jerseys, very comfy and fresh for riding in SoCal heat. I prefer the tighter fit as well.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've only seen loose dirt style as you call it with single small pockets with zippers. Problem with pockets on a loose fit is that stuff will bounce around and hang too low. A better option is a snug fitting road jersey or bib shorts with pockets that a loose jersey will cover.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    So perhaps I'll have more luck in looking for a road-style/fit jersey that does not have elastic in arms and waist. Truth be told, I manually removed the elastic from a jersey like this and it is comfy. I guess I just don't like the squeezy elastic feeling.

Robertson
    Last year's (2016) TLD Ace jersey is exactly what you're describing, non elastic sleeves or cuffs but with the 3 roadie style back pockets (middle one has an extra outside zipper pocket) and a 1/2 zip front. I have one and it's one of my favorite jerseys

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    Last year's (2016) TLD Ace jersey is exactly what you're describing, non elastic sleeves or cuffs but with the 3 roadie style back pockets (middle one has an extra outside zipper pocket) and a 1/2 zip front. I have one and it's one of my favorite jerseys
    Thanks that's pretty much what I'm looking for

mtbr member
    Surely, you're not going to load down the pockets with anything substantial, and think it rides good over anything bumpy. Something has to support that weight hanging down, swinging around, and without an elastic waste - that would be your neck and armpits.

Pearl Izumi, Specialized, and others make liner bibs with the three pockets, and it carries the weight (full water bottle, phone, and multitool, etc) even better than a proper fit roadie jersey does. The bibs are very comfy otherwise, and I wear them even when I don't need the pockets.

Demon Cleaner
    If you like the style of these:https://www.clubrideapparel.com/collections/men

Most models have built in pockets at the rear. They aren't identical to road jersey's, (most are zippered) but they're quite handy. I find the lose synthetic to be much more comfortable in hotter weather than a tight jersey.
    Bicycling is politics by other means.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Surely, you're not going to load down the pockets with anything substantial, and think it rides good over anything bumpy. Something has to support that weight hanging down, swinging around, and without an elastic waste - that would be your neck and armpits.

Pearl Izumi, Specialized, and others make liner bibs with the three pockets, and it carries the weight (full water bottle, phone, and multitool, etc) even better than a proper fit roadie jersey does. The bibs are very comfy otherwise, and I wear them even when I don't need the pockets.
    Admittedly the pocket is used mostly for an additional(folding) bottle. One on bike and one in pocket allows me to handle up to 2 hours riding. Most of my tools are in various bike/SWAT locations already.

mtbr member
    If you want to carry a bottle, get bibs with pockets. Much better than a fanny pack, or roadie Jersey. I have Specialized SWATs, and Sombrio Smuggle bibs, and the SWATs are my favourite. I haven't needed a hydration pack, even though it's summer.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    If you want to carry a bottle, get bibs with pockets. Much better than a fanny pack, or roadie Jersey. I have Specialized SWATs, and Sombrio Smuggle bibs, and the SWATs are my favourite. I haven't needed a hydration pack, even though it's summer.
    Travis always has a ton of water on him and no backpack. I am jealous.

I don't wear padded bike shorts so those SWAT style bibs don't work for me. I have used a small fanny pack like in the image. Holds a 1L soft bottle + a couple energy bars and I don't even know I have it on. Fits under a loose MTB style jersey and doesn't make your back sweat.

You don't need a bike specific fanny pack either. Anything small on sale at REI would work just fine.

Nice thing is you are not limited by a specific jersey or set of bibs. This will work with any clothes you want to wear and it's cheap.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Specialized SWAT Vest?