Shimano SH-M225 or SIDI Dominator 4 shoes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Shimano SH-M225 or SIDI Dominator 5 shoes?

Looking to getting a new pair of shoes. My current Answer Impacts are hurting my feet and have to go. I saw the new 2005 Shimano shoes in a Magazine at the store and they look awesome . Anyone tried them? Or I can get a pair of proven Dominator's.
    Last edited by redrock_z71; 02-27-2005 at 07:54 PM.

jrm
    mtbr member

I like doms..

Quote Originally Posted by redrock_z71
    Looking to getting a new pair of shoes. My current Answer Impacts are hurting my feet and have to go. I saw the new 2005 Shimano shoes in a Magazine at the store and they look awesome . Anyone tried them? Or for the same price, I can get a pair of proven Dominator 4's.
    And when i picked up the M225 and Dom 4 the dom was fair lighter. I just couldnt get into the shiney glam factor of the M225's.

banned
    Apr 2004

I've got a pair of 5 year old dominators

Looking to getting a new pair of shoes. My current Answer Impacts are hurting my feet and have to go. I saw the new 2005 Shimano shoes in a Magazine at the store and they look awesome . Anyone tried them? Or for the same price, I can get a pair of proven Dominator 4's.
    and a pair of 200 dollar 2 year old Shimanos, dominators are nicer but when I buy another pair of mtb shoes they will only have velcro straps, 3 or 4 preferably, none of these ratcheting strap things. Carnacs?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Sidi

I have the last previous model shimanos (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...504637-6351829) and Dom 4s.

The Shimanos are mega stiff. This is fine for a while, but the pounding makes my feet hurt after a while. Also the uppers do not conform to the shape of my foot anywhere near as well as the dom 4s. I only use the shimano shoes when the Dom 4s are still wet. Which is not often as they dry out real quick.

Feb 2004
    Im in the market too for new shoes, and cannot decide between these two. Im going to order both pair and keep the one that fits best. Price point has the shimanos including pedals for the same price right now. Might be good for wifes bike or something.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It looks like more people prefer the SIDI's. I really like the look of the shimano's and they match my Switchblade nicely. Does anyone in the US sell the Blue/Silver/Red version of the Dominators? Havent found anyone yet.

Angry Dad, how soon are you looking into ordering the two? I am interested in hearing your comparison.

Feb 2004
    It looks like more people prefer the SIDI's. I really like the look of the shimano's and they match my Switchblade nicely. Does anyone in the US sell the Blue/Silver/Red version of the Dominators? Havent found anyone yet.

Angry Dad, how soon are you looking into ordering the two? I am interested in hearing your comparison.
    As soon as I get my tax return. I already called performancebike to ask about buying 2 pair and sending one back...they were cool with it.

used to be uno-speedo....
    I just bought a pair of M225's on Saturday.

I rode with them Sunday afternoon on my fixie for 20 miles. Compared to my old Specialized (forget which model - cheap ones!) shoes these are the bomb.

I couldn't bring myself around to spend another extra $60 for the sidis. Maybe they are better I dunno but your probably best off trying them both on and seeing how your feet like'em.

I actually like the silver! Getting in and out is easy and they are very stiff. Just a FWIW I had to use the shims to fit into my Candy pedals.

Good luck.

jrm
    mtbr member

These?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...goods&v=glance

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks for the link. They didnt have my size; however if anyone is looking for a new pair call Beyond Bikes!!!!!!!!!! Bought the new Dominator 5's for 159.99 plus shipping.