Shimano MT23 Shoes - Anyone using it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Shimano MT23 Shoes - Anyone using it?

Currently I'm looking for a pair of decent MTB shoes that can be use on both flat and SPD pedal. And the price is about $86 which definitely suit my budget. I do some research online and the review is quite good. Of course it will be better if I can understand more from the members here. Or anyone have a better recommendation, let's say my budget is below $100.

Thanks guys

Clyde on a mission!
    Dec 2011
    I don't know the Shimano's but I'm really pleased with my Specialized Tahoe Specialized Bicycle Components in the same price range.

Shoes are hard to judge from an image, not only how they fit, but also how stiff or grippy the soles are. I've seen mtb shoes that looked great, but had soles made from hard plastic, ultra stiff, great for pedaling, but not much grip when walking.
    Other shoes had very soft rubber soles, great for walking, but too soft and flex for riding a bike. The Tahoe's have a reasonably stiff sole, but at the same time has enough softness in the rubber that they are actually worth walking with and provide good traction.

Members who have read this thread: 0