S-Works MTB Shoes- Mtbr.com
    I'm a unitard!

S-Works MTB Shoes

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I just picked up a pair of these. I got hot spots on my toes (decreased circulation I think) 15 minutes into the ride. I've been wearing top of the line Specialized shoes for the last 5 years and had a pair of the Pro Carbons last year. I have always loved these shoes. The new ones have the Boa retention system. Has anyone tried these? Experienced this problem. The rest of the shoe looks mostly unchanged, so I'm not sure what is going on. I called specialized and they didn't know if the toe box volume had been reduced or if any other changes have been made.

Adobo Lover
    I have some snowboard boots with the boa retention system. They are much easier to tighten. However, they don't allow you to loosen different areas. It's either all snug or all loose. Their is an artery/vein on the top side of your foot that could be getting impeded(between first and second toe). I would ride them a little looser and let your shoe break in a little longer and see how it goes. I like the boa however i wish they had two different retentions across the top of the foot and for upper part of my snowboard boot. I can definitely feel a loss of feeling if it's too snug.

I'm a unitard!
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    I have some snowboard boots with the boa retention system. They are much easier to tighten. However, they don't allow you to loosen different areas. It's either all snug or all loose. Their is an artery/vein on the top side of your foot that could be getting impeded(between first and second toe). I would ride them a little looser and let your shoe break in a little longer and see how it goes. I like the boa however i wish they had two different retentions across the top of the foot and for upper part of my snowboard boot. I can definitely feel a loss of feeling if it's too snug.

That was kind of my thougth. I was wishing that the bottom half (toward the toe) was loser and the top was fine. The shoe has one little velcro strap close to the toe. I'm not sure it really has much affect on the fit.

Anyway, they felt much better last night. I think they just needed a little streching out, which, is something my other pairs never needed.

Members who have read this thread: 0