Royal gloves...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Royal gloves...

Capricious youth...

Royal gloves...

Anyone snag a pair of the new Royal gloves? Or have a pair already?

I checked Royal (661's) website less than 15 minutes after I got the email about their new gloves and they were sold out of every size. WTF?

The Pro gloves look really nice.

Meh.

EastBaySteez
    Mike, shoot me an email. (size and model)
    [email protected]

I will check tomorrow and see what we can do for ya.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Ricky DH
    In my experience, gloves with perforated palms DON'T last. Hope these are better.
    Last edited by rep_1969; 12-04-2008 at 02:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i use roeckl carbon protect gloves from germany, they have carbon knuckles but the reason i wanted them is because they have carbon protection for the heel of your hand also, why dont more gloves have this? they also have excellent vents in the fingers which keep your hands cool, check them out http://www.bicycle-parts.de/bekleidu...ndschuh-5.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    royal's (and sixsixone for that matter) new stuff comes on their website first, but dont come into stock until later. its not sold out. its just not on sale yet.

chainreaction says about january time. thats usually a good indication. could be sooner though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That is correct and I did confirm that with the greatest rep in the industry, Debbie from 661.
    You can still order product through the website that says that they are sold out. Just go about the same ordering procedures. It will put it on a backorder status until it comes in stock.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

i eat rocks
    just a bit of a warning... 661 gloves have a reputation for falling apart... seeing as they are owned by the same co. i would pass.

but thats just me.

Stand back
    I've had at least one pair of nearly every 661 glove in the last few years. I've had good luck w/ the 1st gen descends and rajis. The comps didn't do too badly, and they're pretty inexpensive, too.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rep_1969
    In my experience, gloves with perferated palms DON'T last. Hope these are better.
    Yeah but they sure are nice in the summer I have a pair of AXO with perf palms and I only wear them in the hot weather.

Capricious youth...
    Quote Originally Posted by gil_caz
    just a bit of a warning... 661 gloves have a reputation for falling apart... seeing as they are owned by the same co. i would pass.

but thats just me.
    Really? I have a pair of Raji's I've been riding for almost a year and the only problem with them is that the grippies on the index finger are gone. Otherwise, they're great.

Also have a pair of Gracia's c/f knuckled gloves that I've been using for DH (and I've wrecked a few times, sliding on my hands) since April, and there's no rips, no tears, no snags... Nothing.

I gave my old Gracia gloves to my buddy who's been using them for 2 years (after I put a whole season on them). Still no problem with them at all.

I actually think their gloves hold up really well, and I death-grip my handlebars.
    Meh.

Ricky DH
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Yeah but they sure are nice in the summer I have a pair of AXO with perf palms and I only wear them in the hot weather.

Maybe that's the ticket, only wear them on HOT days. I had a pair of RockGardn Fate gloves with the perforated palms, and in one season of DH and they were toast . . . no real crashes that season either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    Really? I have a pair of Raji's I've been riding for almost a year and the only problem with them is that the grippies on the index finger are gone. Otherwise, they're great.

Also have a pair of Gracia's c/f knuckled gloves that I've been using for DH (and I've wrecked a few times, sliding on my hands) since April, and there's no rips, no tears, no snags... Nothing.

I gave my old Gracia gloves to my buddy who's been using them for 2 years (after I put a whole season on them). Still no problem with them at all.

I actually think their gloves hold up really well, and I death-grip my handlebars.
    This guy does grip his handlebars harder than his girlfriend palmela handerson grips his junk. I've seen the gaping bleeding oozing flesh wounds.

Capricious youth...
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    This guy does grip his handlebars harder than his girlfriend palmela handerson grips his junk. I've seen the gaping bleeding oozing flesh wounds.
    I should have taken pictures of those blisters.

At least now I know what to do. Box of 6 blister Bandaids from Target: $2.40.

I'm saving some vacation, it looks like, man. I've got Blackrock on the mind.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    I should have taken pictures of those blisters.

At least now I know what to do. Box of 6 blister Bandaids from Target: $2.40.

I'm saving some vacation, it looks like, man. I've got Blackrock on the mind.
    Early June is just a mere 7 months away. I'm thinking of 8-9 days up there this time so I can ride a couple more areas.

Capricious youth...
    Oye. 8-9 days is a lot.

I'm heading to Boston next summer for a week or exploration of New England... we'll see.
    Meh.

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    Early June is just a mere 7 months away. I'm thinking of 8-9 days up there this time so I can ride a couple more areas.

Cannoooottttt wait!
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gil_caz

but thats just me.
    Ditto; 661 gloves are junk. Mine didn't last ONE ride! And I had to argue with them to get a warranty replacement (which promptly went on E-bay).

So what's the story with Royal? Are they just a division of 661 or are they a completely independent entity owned by the same parent co.? Hopefully the latter as I despise 661 and kinda liked Royal's stuff!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

wore out the 661 carbon garcia real fast, palm wore right through.

spend the big $$ on the oakley or bmw

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by rep_1969
    Maybe that's the ticket, only wear them on HOT days. I had a pair of RockGardn Fate gloves with the perforated palms, and in one season of DH and they were toast . . . no real crashes that season either.
    I usually only wear a pair of gloves for a 1/2 to a full season because after that they are so worn, they wouldn't make it thru another season. I wear gloves out fast it doesnt seem to matter who makes them, Azonic, Troy Lee, 661, Fly, etc. I crash frequently as well. If you aren't crashing, you aren't trying hard enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0