? on Rockgardn elbow armor (xpost from Gen)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

? on Rockgardn elbow armor (xpost from Gen)

Wasn't getting to many looks in the general room so am reposting thread here:

How much coverage does this set give on the forearm? I wear the airframe knee/shin and love them but am undecided between the Airframe arm and the Roach FR arm. The Roach seems to be more full coverage on the forarm, but its hard to tell without having them side by side, and no one localy carries the rockgardn stuff.

Dec 2003

don't know..but,

core rat makes a good one, call er up.
    my rockgardn knee/shin is due in this week thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar
    Wasn't getting to many looks in the general room so am reposting thread here:

How much coverage does this set give on the forearm? I wear the airframe knee/shin and love them but am undecided between the Airframe arm and the Roach FR arm. The Roach seems to be more full coverage on the forarm, but its hard to tell without having them side by side, and no one localy carries the rockgardn stuff.

mtbr member

Core Rat questionable...

How much coverage does this set give on the forearm?

Quote Originally Posted by phatjadefrenchfries
    core rat makes a good one, call er up.
    my rockgardn knee/shin is due in this week thnx.
    I just recieved a pair of Core Rat arm armour. Perhaps this is a good light wieght pad for XC where the major issue is brushing past branches and such, maybe the occasional "controlled" spill on flatish ground...

But for my needs I am very dissapointed! I just can not use these! The coverage of the elbbow is essentially non-existant. Oh, there's a cup there, but it's small and the strapping is totally inadaquate to hold it in place. The entire upper (superior) and inner (medial) aspects of the elbow are completely exposed when the elbow is flexed. Falling on steep loose rock with elbows bent, these pads will offer zero protection to the elbow! If you fall forward and land just right on the outside of your forearm these may save you some grief. But I know that with the way I spill these things will ripp loose and spin around my arm with the initial impact, exposing the vulnerable epicondyles of my elbow, which is exactly what I need to protect..

Again, this may be a good light XC pad where the major issue is brushing past branches, but in no way is it even comperable to the 661 or Fox or Rockgarden or Roach...

Makes me wonder if all the reviews on MTBR are posted by well-intending friends of the owner...

Members who have read this thread: 0