• 01-29-2005
    enduroprorider
    Roach Armor Question Round 2
    Out of the Roach line up being the Indy DH, Rally FR & DH which is the most packable? Is packable a word?? Anyway, during the summer months here in northern Illinois it can get mighty hot and humid so Id like to pack them in or on my Camelbak HAWG while riding to the jumps and drops. The Indy DH seem like they would lay kind of flat where the molded Rally seem like they would not.

Thanks again.
  • 01-29-2005
    jwhcowan
    FR Packs
    I have leg and arm Roach FR. They pack tightly inside each other and then cinch down on the back of my HAWG just fine :)

Roach FR are the best pads I've owned, I was using Fox 911 before.

FYI: Roach FR run small.... See if you can try them on before buying.
  • 01-29-2005
    Archdukeferdinand
    Yeah, I have the rally FR arm pads and they pack up just fine too. The molded stuff isn't super hard, I think the DH versions have a harder shell and beefier foam so they might not pack that well.

-And yes, these pads feel like they run small but really its not so bad, they just start out tight and after a little riding they fit perfectly and don't move around much (at least for me). Straps are a little short though.
  • 01-29-2005
    WaveDude
    For me, roach rally FR run BIG, not small. I've got skinny arms and legs tho. The odd thing is the ankle straps are way short but all the others are long but I still love 'em.
  • 01-29-2005
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I usually strap my leg armour to my top tube and my chest protector around my handlebars...makes it easier for me
  • 01-29-2005
    jp3d
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I usually strap my leg armour to my top tube and my chest protector around my handlebars...makes it easier for me

Thats a good idea... have to try that for when Im not taking the camelbak