Right shoe won't break in- Mtbr.com
    Save Jesus

Right shoe won't break in

Hello folks,

I got a problem with my Lake MX160 shoes. The left shoe is perfectly fine and dandy. The right shoe never quite feels right, even after I adjust the velcro straps back and forth. Mainly, there is some irritation to the inside top of my foot where I keep feeling a tendon sliding around.

banned
    Aug 2012
    The Lake MX160 shoe is pretty much a do it all cycling shoe. Whether you're training indoors or taking the action outside

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothier View Post
    The Lake MX160 shoe is pretty much a do it all cycling shoe. Whether you're training indoors or taking the action outside
    How does that help?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Maybe your right foot is a slightly different size then the left? I dunno man... I've never tried any of the lakes but my specialized pro's never really stretched out or broke in a whole lot compared to other shoes I've owned. Maybe Lakes just aren't the right shoe for you?

Save Jesus
    So far, I haven't found the perfect cycling shoe. The lakes would almost be perfect if the toe box were less pointy. It seems I can make the problem less bad by shifting the tongue of the shoe over to one side.

Cow Clicker
    Did you buy them in an outlet? Possible there is a quality issue from bad stitching or something? I will say tounge position can make a difference as they sometimes like to rotate toward the outside and if you let them do that while breaking in, they will always do that.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    did you measure both foot length and arch length to make sure you have the correct size

Members who have read this thread: 0