riding shoes

Printable View

• 04-09-2007
    ScottJensen
    riding shoes
    hey guys, im sorta looking for a new pair of clipless shoes and was wondering what you all wear? i do alot of dh, and a bit of am riding and my specialized shoes are killing my feet. what shoes do you ride? likes/dislikes? what do you recomend? im sorta new to the sport and need some guidance from exp pros. thanks alot!
  • 04-09-2007
    SS-Dad
    Well...
    There are a lot of variables, Scott. I've had great luck with Shimano shoes (M121, M172, M180 something) as well as Sidi's (Dominators). Many here, I'm sure, will disagree and tout their favorites. And, as well they should.
    My advice is to head down to your LBS and try on as many brands/models as you can. Talk to the salespeople. How stiff do you want them? Laces, velcro, both? Low or high top? What do you like/dislike about your Specialized shoes?
    Sorry if this is too vague.
  • 04-09-2007
    ArmySlowRdr
    Lake.
  • 04-09-2007
    ScottJensen
    all the spec shoes ive tried, plus the ones i own are so big. as in, my heel slides around while hiking and tears the living crap outta my foot. they are def the right size shoe, as i cannot get any smaller b/c of the length, maybe sidi or another brand has a better heel retention?
  • 04-09-2007
    crank1979
    Just make sure the velcro straps don't point in towards the crank arms. It's very annoying having them rub the crank arm each pedal stroke.:madman:
  • 04-09-2007
    CircuitMan
    I just bought a pair of Cannondale Roam's, they are a 'sport' clipless show - a lot like a midtop trail running shoe, so I'd say they're on the heavy side, but snug and comfy fit, anyhow.
  • 04-10-2007
    SS-Dad
    From my experience, Specialized and Pearl Izumi run/felt wide. Sidi's run narrower and tend to have a tighter heel pocket. Shimano's seem to be very general, not too wide, not too narrow. Again, this has been my experience. I agree with armyslowrider: Lake makes good fitting shoes.