Recovery Clothing?- Mtbr.com
    Trail Junkie

Recovery Clothing?

I am curious if any of you guys (and gals) tried/use compression recovery leggings/tights? Have you noticed benefits from the use of these, basically do they work and are they worth the money? Thanks ahead of time!
    Ibis Ripley LS
    Santa Cruz Chameleon SS
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc (Gravel)
    GT Piece Tour (Gravel)

mtbr member

Dumbo's feather?

Is it a placebo? If you're looking for data, I can't help you. There's a lot on the web about them and opinions vary.

I've normally used them after a morning ride when I'll be on my feet at work. Don't ride with them except for one 24h race. I felt my calves starting to cramp. I used them for a few more hours and went with a higher cadence/less force... felt much better.

The best recovery will still be from elevating your legs, stretching, massage.. (sometimes I need to ice up)... if you don't have the luxury of time after your ride, then I would recommend them.

Trail Junkie
    Yah, post-ride, I don't usually have a lot of time to do anything other than stretch and eat, then its off to work. I usually shoot for my big weekly ride for Sunday when I usually do 2X to 2.5X the distance during the week. That is the only day I can actually give my legs time to fully recover.

Over the last Tour De France, they had a little bit of inside tech of how riders are coming back fresh enough day after day, and a large portion of them are using compression recovery among other things that you mentioned.
    Ibis Ripley LS
    Santa Cruz Chameleon SS
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc (Gravel)
    GT Piece Tour (Gravel)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Haven't tried them yet, though here is a pretty good article:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...cycling_140700

Grip it and rip it.
    Ive seen people wear them in the evenings during stage races and i know some people that own them, but im not convinced.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I wear the tights and I would say any benifits to recovery are probably placibo, although the squeezing sensation feels great. I work on my feet and will wear these after a workout where I don't have time for better recovery methods before heading to work. If your curious give them a try.

F.Y.I. You can buy the socks at most pharmacies. They were designed to reduce blood clots in the elderly (I think) and can be found for around $20 instead of $60 at the sports store.

Members who have read this thread: 0