• 04-22-2008
    evil monkey
    recommended full face helmet??
    I got a fox rampage before, too bad it is too small. had to let it go. any other suggestions?
  • 04-22-2008
    rayseng
    you should go to your lbs and try them out before buying them. each person's head is unique as are the helmets. i find that the 661 pro bravo fits me well.

aside from that, i hear the giro remedy and the specialized deviant are real popular too. both are relatively affordable. but if you want to spend the big bucks you can go look at troy lee designs.
  • 04-22-2008
    TNC
    Did you see the post below originally by Jaybo titled, "We need a better helmet for AM riding"?
  • 04-22-2008
    savagemann
    I wouldn't buy a helmet without trying it on first.

I like my Giro Remedy. Wore it for about 2 hours with no problems......in about 70 degree temps. Didn't sweat really. Now when its 90 out, or hotter, any helmet gets hot.
  • 04-23-2008
    evil monkey
    hmmm thx for the tip guys! so I can actually go try out a helmet just as long as I promise to buy one at the store?? like one of those demo helmets???

I never needed one until this season lol. i think it will def help boosting my confidence -)
  • 04-23-2008
    Boulder Pilot
    Deviant, Remedy, Pryme.
  • 04-23-2008
    Irrenarzt
    07 Remedy on sale at Price Point. I got mine for less than 100 shipped.
  • 04-23-2008
    savagemann
    Quote:

Originally Posted by evil monkey
    hmmm thx for the tip guys! so I can actually go try out a helmet just as long as I promise to buy one at the store?? like one of those demo helmets???

I never needed one until this season lol. i think it will def help boosting my confidence -)

It's amazing how much faster you'll go with good protective gear.
    I wear elbow/forearm pads, knee/shin pads and a full face. I also have a pressure suit with spine armor for the gnar gnar rides.
  • 04-23-2008
    Clutchman83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by evil monkey
    so I can actually go try out a helmet just as long as I promise to buy one at the store?? like one of those demo helmets???

Well, they probably let you take it out and ride it or anything but you can definitely put one on your noggin to see if it fits! Just like trying on a shoe or a shirt before you buy it, same deal.
  • 04-30-2008
    evil monkey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Irrenarzt
    07 Remedy on sale at Price Point. I got mine for less than 100 shipped.

hmm nice price. how do you like it???
  • 04-30-2008
    Irrenarzt
    Fits nice. I am stoked. No rides on it yet as still waiting for the snow to melt on the hill. Another month or so and I'll get to try it out.
  • 05-03-2008
    alex55
    Deviant
    I have a Specialized Deviant. It seems pretty light and it has a lot of ventilation. Also, it doesn't cost as much as some helmets. I like it a lot.