Recomend me Gloves...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Recomend me Gloves...

Hey!

Could you recomend me Gloves that are confortable, Keep my hands warm, But in the summer can keep them cool...

Just an allround year round glove...

I will be using it for Everything.. Downhill, XC, Dirtjumping, Fr..

Thanks,
    freddy

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i think you're asking for a bit much. there probably isn't a jack of all trades glove out there. the cold side is where things get interesting for me. i use 3 pairs of gloves, half fingers, full fingers and super cold mitten type gloves. when its below 40s and windy thats when things get tough.

mtbr member
    Gloves are cheap. You want multiple gloves. Pick the right tool for the job.

Specialized Ridge is the best XC glove I've ever tried. Rapha's Team glove is also very nice. They're both under 50 dollars.

The best winter gloves I've tried are Hotpaws from Sears or Walmart. They were under 20 dollars and blow away all the high end, expensive cycling gloves I've owned over the years.

mtbr member
    I use Performance Bike Windstoppers for cold riding (20s to 40s), and half-finger gloves above that.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    AreoTech Designs makes their own, are reasonably low priced.. and wind stopping. I use them now for everything but summer when I use 1/2 finger...
    the $19.95 ones are great, and when it gets colder I just slap a cheapo pair of the brown jersey cloth work goves over them. Brings me down to any temps I'm willing to ride it.
    Gel Padded Bike Gloves Fingerless Cycling Glove for Bicycling
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

BMF
    Oct 2007
    I like the Giro dj for all types of riding/weather.

mtbr member
    I think Im done with MTB gloves...they are too expensive and they dont last longer than 4 months (or at least in my case)...so I went to motorcross gloves..they seem to last longer...the last pair I got were $10...hard to beat and Ive been riding with them for 3 months now...I havent hit the 4 month mark..but they are doing well and all the stitching is staying together..we'll see after 6 months...but for right now Im pleased.

One Industries Drako Gloves - Dirt Bike Motocross - Closeout - Motorcycle Superstore
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    last year (or year before's) Fox Digit gloves are nice and cheap.

mtbr member
    Sorry charlie - have several sets of gloves. Try wearing summer gloves in 20 degree F weather! Riding with GoreTex Radiator Gloves in this cold weather now.

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresdenlock View Post
    I think Im done with MTB gloves...they are too expensive and they dont last longer than 4 months (or at least in my case)...so I went to motorcross gloves..they seem to last longer...the last pair I got were $10...hard to beat and Ive been riding with them for 3 months now...I havent hit the 4 month mark..but they are doing well and all the stitching is staying together..we'll see after 6 months...but for right now Im pleased.

One Industries Drako Gloves - Dirt Bike Motocross - Closeout - Motorcycle Superstore
    X2 on MX gloves. Jerseys too!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
    X2 on MX gloves. Jerseys too!
    X3 on MX gloves. Will have to check out the jerseys.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I go with whatever isn't expensive. I have a couple of pairs of 661's, one set of Dakine & another pair I recently bought off of Chainlove by THE.A ctually bought 2 pairs. I alternate them ride to ride to try and get'em to last longer. I'm in TX so they get sweat-drenched in the summers. I just wash'em with a little soap & the waterhose.

mtbr member
    I wear Pearl Izumi Cyclone gloves on colder days & PI Pittards Carbon Leather gloves for all non-cold weather. Both have good ulnar nerve support & I buy mine online, usually on sale.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I am right there with you. I like the fox reflex gel but the gel eventually balls up in the palm. I haven't found anything better though so I just keep buying them and replacing them often. They are pretty inexpensive. I may try and sew a couple of stiches through the gel pad net time to hold them in place.

mtbr member
    Kinda new in the sport all together, I came from MotoX. I use my 2007 Fox MX gloves. They're mesh/leather type material with hard rubber knuckle protection. They are a bit pricey and I'm sure there is an alternative but they get the job done.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    What kind of new gloves should I get for doing all mountain riding?