Raceface Rally FR Leg Armor 2006 vs 2005 Versions- Mtbr.com

Sep 2005

Raceface Rally FR Leg Armor 2006 vs 2005 Versions

Anyone know the difference between the 2006 and 2005 versions? Raceface's website (and the online retailers) only indicates the leg armor strapping system was improved but has no back photos of the armor. Do the velcro straps still cross behind the knee?

Anyone know if there's an actual difference (heard rumors of a knee centering pad like the DH version)? Smells like marketing hype, but thought I'd ask before buying the "old" version.

Aug 2005
    The ones i just bought(2006 version as far as i know) do have a cross on the top, but the cross is somewhat behind the knee but a little higher on the knee then most. At least for me that is where it is. They are very comfotable though. I havent had any discomfort from the straps bunching up into the back of my knee. It also stays centered on the knee very well. So far they have been the best guards Ive had.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by lpschaefer
    An Smells like marketing hype, but thought I'd ask before buying the "old" version.
    if you can get the ol' version you will be very happy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0