RaceFace DIY women's knee/shin, elbow/forearm armor?- Mtbr.com
    Dirt Diva Little h

RaceFace DIY women's knee/shin, elbow/forearm armor?

Any ladies rocking this armor yet? What size did you get and what size are you?
    Interesting there is no sizing information on the website. If no one chimes in I will buy some and report back ASAP.
    Blood Sweat Girls & Gears: ECTG rules
    X-Caliber
    Intense 5.5
    Nomad
    Uzzi VPX
    M1
    DMR sidekick
    Syren
    Double

mtbr member
    nope, but I'm glad to see they are getting it dialed in for smaller arms/legs. They don't look much different than the regular FR version though. I sure needed them today..thought I'd get away w/ veggies today, been a while since I've jumped. Big ol' pedal mark on the shin...doh! Anyhow, I have the roach smalls and the fit are great after I had a seamstress cut down the velco, just the XC in me hates to lug them uphill.

Dudette
    Did anyone find a sizing chart for these? I see they run S/M/L but that doesn't tell me a whole lot. I've found that I can fit into a men's large (as far as circumference is concerned) with other brands, but then they tend to be a bit long.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Does anyone know about sizing on womens? I'm very small so its hard to find something decent to fit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I tried the leg armor on over the weekend at the Dirt Series Camp. I'm 5' 8" (medium build) and the mediums fit fine without a lot of extra velcro to deal with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm just over 5 feet with a very small build so not sure if the smalls would work or if I have to get kids. Are they 1/2" thick as stated? Good mobility?

mtbr member
    I'm 4"11 tried a small pair of the shin guards on in a store in Moab , seem to fit well, ordered a pair this weekend when we got back to Calgary... haven't got them in yet to actually try them riding. Can let you know when they come in.
    Some people get in shape to fit into teenie weenie polka dot bikinis, I'm training so I can rock body armor!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeCrash
    I'm 4"11 tried a small pair of the shin guards on in a store in Moab , seem to fit well, ordered a pair this weekend when we got back to Calgary... haven't got them in yet to actually try them riding. Can let you know when they come in.
    OK, thanks! Are you tiny too? I have very narrow bones. Like the widest part of me is my shoulders at 12" lol. So I'm very narrow which is why I dont like the 4x4s are much. But let me know. I am wondering if they are also good for impact as I also ride a uni and find on the roads a direct impact on the knee I feel with the 661s, but not with s-one knee pads on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstone
    OK, thanks! Are you tiny too? I have very narrow bones. Like the widest part of me is my shoulders at 12" lol. So I'm very narrow which is why I dont like the 4x4s are much. But let me know. I am wondering if they are also good for impact as I also ride a uni and find on the roads a direct impact on the knee I feel with the 661s, but not with s-one knee pads on.
    Yeah I'm small, for body armour I wear an Azonic suit in the large boys size, and for shin guards I am currently wearing Mace shin/knee combo in the large youth size. Actually most of my "active" wear is usually XL boys stuff. It's cheaper at least!
    Some people get in shape to fit into teenie weenie polka dot bikinis, I'm training so I can rock body armor!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeCrash
    Yeah I'm small, for body armour I wear an Azonic suit in the large boys size, and for shin guards I am currently wearing Mace shin/knee combo in the large youth size. Actually most of my "active" wear is usually XL boys stuff. It's cheaper at least!
    well, I got to look at some body armour! I got some BMX pants off craigslist and those are great as they are cooler, tougher and come with hip pads in them. So that will work for me. I saw rockgarden body armour. Its good stuff and I know they have kids so will check that out or the Azonic. The mens rockgarden Med elbows would work for my knee/shins lol, and honestly, the foam is more dense so made for harder impacts. Skate pads are good for skating for sure as the speed is less so more foam it seems. But they fabric I think will rip. So might get knee/shin and upper body stuff. I have to figure out the sizing, probably will get youth or mens elbows.

Dirt Diva Little h

Sorry been on vaca!

Picking up DIY mediums and Men's DH his week. Will report back with sizing and measurements. FYI called raceface they have no info on sizing of anything, soft goods get shipped right to the distributors. Best bet is to call LBS and have them call Dist. and get actual measurements of products. I know QBP and BTI carry the womens in all sizes.
    X-Caliber
    Intense 5.5
    Nomad
    Uzzi VPX
    M1
    DMR sidekick
    Syren
    Double

And I don't mean the band
    I'm 5'2" and usually wear boy's large size/sz 26 (cheap!!). I don't really have mtb specific armor, I just wear the same gear I use for dirtbiking, the kid's sizes in dirtbike stuff are cheap also, check out the sales at the fox website....
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. --Mark Twain

BLAWG

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Picking up DIY mediums and Men's DH his week. Will report back with sizing and measurements. FYI called raceface they have no info on sizing of anything, soft goods get shipped right to the distributors. Best bet is to call LBS and have them call Dist. and get actual measurements of products. I know QBP and BTI carry the womens in all sizes.
    If you can give me a link/number, I'll do it! Really need to get more narrow pads as mine are getting in the way now being too wide.

I found this sizing chart. The kids large and womens small almost seem the same size. I can get the womens discounted at work but no returns. My calf measurement at the largest area is 11.75" with jeans on. So thats the lower end of the numbers but womens can be bigger. I dont want to go Med kids as I'm sure they will be too short. Opinions? Heres the sizing link:
    http://www.backcountry.com/store/siz...t_id=100000010

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    OK I called them and they suggested womens small unless I'm the size of a 12 year old. But heres a pic of me last summer when I was broken. Dont laugh lol. I had a hard time being still. Anyway, be honest. Are my legs of a 12 year old? I know I"m way small. I dont have really any pics of my legs only.

mtbr member
    I tried a size small DIY knee/shinguard on this weekend (it was all they had), it seemed to be a great, burly, durable body armor. The small was definitely too small for me (5'10") both in length and circumference. I was wondering if there is a length difference between the small and the larger sizes?

Dirt Diva Little h

Meduims are big!

Well picked up the mediums today. Reference: 5'8" 128# 31.5" inseam.
    The length on the pads are great fits nice right above my high top 5.10.but the straps are about 2.5" to long on the calf and upper knee straps. I also purchased the Rally DH pads in a mens small. They fit perfect, best fitting pad I have ever bought, and only ones I will not need to modify. The shin is a 1/2" shorter on the DH then DIY. Here are some measurements:
    DIY Meduim 17.75" long
    Shin-plastic piece - 9.75" long
    shin strap - lowest 12" ;
    mid calf 14" ;
    upper calf 16"
    Knee straps - 11"

My knee circumference: acrossed center of knee cap 12.75"
    2" above knee cap - 14"
    3" below knee cap - 13.5"
    from center of knne cap the ankle bone 15"

I had to over lap the knee straps by 3" to get a good fit. The calf straps are so long I can't attach them to the velcro. If the smalls have short straps I would get them or else I will need to modify the straps on these. It is difficult for me to desurn what the circumference range is for the pads being they are so big. I will let sdome friends try them on tomorrow and see if they fit and get some numbers.
    RaceFace Rally DH Men's small: total length 17"
    shin piece: 9.25"
    Strap system is different so doesn't compare.
    I will post pics of them on tomorrow.

Please can anyone give me a the length of the shin piece on a small DIY?
    X-Caliber
    Intense 5.5
    Nomad
    Uzzi VPX
    M1
    DMR sidekick
    Syren
    Double

Members who have read this thread: 0