RaceFace clothing names- Mtbr.com
    meow, meow.

RaceFace clothing names

I must be exposed to a different culture than the one shared by the RaceFace target group. In particular, I have very little clue as to the names of their shorts. I suspect that for most users those names are telling and self-explanatory, but I have to resort to guesswork.

Here are some of the names:

6x6. This may refer to 6" of suspension travel front and rear on the intended user's bike, or maybe to six six-packs of beer the user is expected to drink a day.

Base. This reminds me of "basic", which I take to mean either "entry-level" or "lowly" (or both).

Indy. I have no idea besides a reference to Indiana Jones, which even I find too stretched.

VO2. Volume of Oxygen? Meaning that the intended user is intended to both breathe a lot and wear well vented clothes?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    lol.

no clue either.

what about ride, evolve, deus, diabolic ...
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

Hifi => Ex 9. Thank you warranty.

meow, meow.
    Why, Deus and Diabolus are both perfectly clear names, I think. It is largely because of these that I expect other RaceFace product names be as telling.

Deus is about climbing, riding up (towards heaven), Diabolus is about riding down (and closer to hell). There is also the (Protestant?) implication that getting closer to heaven requires slow and hard work, whereas going to hell is fast and fun.

The Ride name says just that, hop on the bike and simply ride for fun. And Evolve says that you're beginning to demand more of your stuff than just allowing you to "ride" about (and that the user is probably now hooked and is bound to become a bike junkie like the rest of us ).

mtbr member
    May 2008
    damn it, well i just picked up a bunch of evolve gear, crap!
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

Hifi => Ex 9. Thank you warranty.

Members who have read this thread: 0