ProTec FF Helmets in Austin?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

ProTec FF Helmets in Austin?

Hi guys, I'll be in Austin for a short business trip in late May and was wondering if there are any bike shops that stock ProTec helmets there? I'm particularly looking for full face helmets and would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Looking at the Dealer list on the pro tec site my guess is no. None of the shops listed are bike shops, just retailers and board shops.

Almost any LBS can get Pro-tec via BTI (www.bti-usa.com).

Here at Hammerhead can get you one, though my guess is you are looking for something to try on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The Vans Store in Barton Springs Mall carries Protec. They have the Ace in stock so you can see how it fits. It is not the FF, but the fit could not be that different. They run small and do not fit my head. The most comfortable FF to date for me is the Specialized Deviant.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Haroldlikesbikes - The thing is BTI has been out of stock of this helmet since last year. I've tried emailing BTI without success and I can't even get through to ProTec.

MaddSquirrel - No worries on the fit, I already have one of their skate lids and I"ve already got a Deviant that's seen a couple of minor crashes. I've actually been looking for the ProTec Auger helmet since last year and since I'll actually be coming up to your part of the world, I thought I'd try my luck with an actual physical store instead.

Members who have read this thread: 0