POC Trabec helmet- Mtbr.com
    aka "Seņor Taco"
    Jan 2015

POC Trabec helmet

Does anyone have any experience with the POC Trabec helmet ? I've got a new Bell Super 2 and like the fit/feel; but gotta tuck my ears in. Didn't notice it when I bought it. I guess I gots high ears. It's ok for about 5 miles; but gets annoying after that. And here in AZ; your helmet comes off a lot on breaks to cool off. Kinda feel like a tard tucking my Spock ears back in at every rest break. I tried on a POC Trabec Race with MIPS tonight and felt great. Good ear clearance too. I get the whole MIPS thing and really like the idea. Will probably go that route if I go this way. Just curious if anyone has some time in one before I drop $230. I'm way good spending $ for my brain. Way back in the day(once upon a time), I split a 3 day old Bell Moto 5 in half when I wrecked my 85' Honda 350x 3 wheeler at full speed. Got a lot of stitches; but no head injuries despite the helmet being busted in half.
    I'm so far behind, I think I'm 1st

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have a Trabec MIPS and Super 2R Mips, the POC is more comfortable. It kind of 'floats' on my head, don't even notice it there most of the time.

aka "Seņor Taco"
    Jan 2015
    Well I decided to modify my Bell Super 2. I trimmed the hard foam off below the the head gear band. Perfect. Should've thought of that sooner.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrick View Post
    I have a Trabec MIPS and Super 2R Mips, the POC is more comfortable. It kind of 'floats' on my head, don't even notice it there most of the time.
    I've got to agree with Ptrick. I tried on nearly a dozen helmets when shopping for a new lid and in the end the POC Trabec was the most comfortable with no pressure points.

aka "Seņor Taco"
    Jan 2015
    Yea, I love how it felt when I tried it. Just got back from a 2 hour ride with my modified Super 2 and think I'm gonna run with it for awhile. Trimming off the bottom 1/2" of the foam rubber pad below the head gear band was a HUGE improvement in comfort for me. But, If I had to do over again I would DEFINETELY give the POC a shot. It seemed sweet. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    I wanted the Trabec very badly. Bought one, but it simply didn't fit my head and had to send it back. I still love that helmet when I see others wear it. I just ordered a new Met Parachute HES. Really hoping it fits me well. Been wanting a FF helmet for a long time now, but also been waiting for someone to make one that I believe I can tolerate full time, unlike the more traditional dirt bike style FF helmets.

AZ Native knows, we have some rough stuff here in the desert. I'm not pretty, but I'm not trying to get uglier either...

ben

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
    I wanted the Trabec very badly. Bought one, but it simply didn't fit my head and had to send it back. I still love that helmet when I see others wear it. I just ordered a new Met Parachute HES. Really hoping it fits me well. Been wanting a FF helmet for a long time now, but also been waiting for someone to make one that I believe I can tolerate full time, unlike the more traditional dirt bike style FF helmets.

AZ Native knows, we have some rough stuff here in the desert. I'm not pretty, but I'm not trying to get uglier either...

ben
    I'm in the same boat as you. I tried one on and that plastic piece that goes across the ear cut-outs rests on the top of my ear. The MIPS model looks like it might not have that same plastic piece so I'll need to try one of those.

aka "Seņor Taco"
    Jan 2015
    Surestick. Which helmet had ear interference for you ? The Bell ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Native View Post
    Surestick. Which helmet had ear interference for you ? The Bell ?
    The POC Trabec.

Name:  URABK_D1.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  18.9 KB

That plastic strip that goes across the ear cut-out sits on my ear where it connects to my head.