plz help me pick a helmet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

plz help me pick a helmet

looking for a DH/BMX style. Some I'm interested in are: Specialized Skillet, Fox Transition, Bell Faction, Giro Flak, and Pro-Tec Classic or Ace. Any advice or assistance you can provide me is appreciated. Thanx.

mtbr member
    I'm on my 2nd Flak. After several crashes and several years on my first one (in which I did not believe I hit my head), the foam got loose from the outer shell, indicating too much compression. I went from the flat black cammo to a new 08 Olive Green with the picture of a heart on the back.

Good helmet. Full noggin coverage. But I must admit that it is missing a visor.

tk

Mar 2008
    Get the one that fits your head the best.

Apr 2008
    I just got this one and I LOVE it...

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.a...IN+BIKE+HELMET

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ad6mj
    Get the one that fits your head the best.
    And is snug and comfortable. Easy to adjust is a plus too. I tried on about 8 different helmets before I settled on a Specialized Instinct in matte black. Great fit, but everybody's head is a lil different. You don't want to 'feel' the retention strap mounts or anything else inside the helmet, if you feel it while test fitting, imagine what it's going to feel like after an hour or two or three of riding on a hot day.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    all helmets are pretty much the same if they're in the same price range, dont go by what someone else likes, it has to fit you, try them on, then decide

one word of advice, last years models are like half the price of this years and usually the only thing that changes is the colors

Jun 2007
    2 of my friends have the faction. pretty nice.

Members who have read this thread: 0