Plz help me find size 14 (49) shoes- Mtbr.com
    shh. don't tell the wife
    Aug 2008

New question here. Plz help me find size 14 (49) shoes

Hello,

I'm in a pickle over cycling shoes. I have a great pair of Sidi for the road (I'm a 49 or 50 in Sidi depending on the shoe) and a not so great pair of size 49 Nike trail shoes.

Ideally I'd like a flat shoe that'll take a clip, but I'll settle for a trail shoe with a bit of flex. The kicker is that I am NOT a size 48.

I know that some manufacturers call their 48s a 14, but in all my years I have yet to find a size 48 (Shimano, Addidas, Sidi, Lake, Louis Garneau, Northwave, Diadora, etc) that fits.

Any help is much appreciated.

TIA.
    All you need is love... but Scotch'll do in a pinch.

I'll take you there.
    Mar 2009
    I dont understand why all the stores that carry plus sizes like 14 or my 13.. they all sell out first and theres like *none* anywhere when I come in.. especially the nice designs.

Anyhow, best shoes (not sure if they're the best riding shoes) but I love em, are Merill hiking shoes. Made for foot comfort after long and jagged forest hikes, they are the most comfortable and durable shoes I have ever had in my entire life... they've been through the grinder and everything from the rubber soles to the gortex lining has held up.

shh. don't tell the wife
    Aug 2008
    I've had a few pairs of Merill and as comfy and durable as they are I find they weigh a tonne compared to other shoes.

For hiking my Asolo 535 have been absolutely bullet proof.

I could rant and rant and rant about the unavailability of shoes greater than size 13 (as a kid 12 was as big as shops went) but I'll save you all the pain.

Not an O2 thief.
    Feb 2004
    You can't rant. You only wear a 14.

If you want to check out some affordable shoes that are much stiffer and less than half the price of Sidis, check out the Shimano M086.

I've got a write up on them as I put some big rides on both the 50 and 51.

Check it out here. There are lots of 49's available on line.
    Roll over the weak and bunny hop the dead!

Blog this...!

El Paso Puzzler 35 or 50 miler

shh. don't tell the wife
    Aug 2008
    Well, I bought a pair of Peal Izumi's at MEC this evening. On the same clearance shelf they also had size 49, 50, 51 & 52 Sidi Dominator 4s.

Crazy big shoe day.

I also tried an Five Ten and the "13" was a tiny 47 so I doubt if their "14" would be a rel 14.

Members who have read this thread: 0