Picking / sizing clothing from online retailers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Picking / sizing clothing from online retailers

Has anyone tried one of these jerseys from Performance Bike? The price is right for me. (I'd like to get a couple)

What do you think of it? What size do you think I should get? I'm 5'-11", 190 lbs. I weight train, so I have a muscular upper body. (270 lbs bench press) I'm concerned about tightness in the shoulders, arms and chest.

I'm not sure if anyone can give me advice on this but I'll take what I can get. Any tips on sizing bike clothing are welcome. I'd rather order online to keep the price down. The prices for jerseys at the couple LBS near me are far too high. It's like paying $40 extra to be able to try one on first.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaph
    Has anyone tried one of these jerseys from Performance Bike? The price is right for me. (I'd like to get a couple)

What do you think of it? What size do you think I should get? I'm 5'-11", 190 lbs. I weight train, so I have a muscular upper body. (270 lbs bench press) I'm concerned about tightness in the shoulders, arms and chest.

I'm not sure if anyone can give me advice on this but I'll take what I can get. Any tips on sizing bike clothing are welcome. I'd rather order online to keep the price down. The prices for jerseys at the couple LBS near me are far too high. It's like paying $40 extra to be able to try one on first.
    Buying clothes , shoes, armor, helmets online is a crap shot. So you buy a $20 jersey plus shipping online and it doesn't fit then spend more if you decide to return - LBS should be looking better. I learned to just stey away from online attire unless you have one allready and are replacing. The online sales people want your business so they always find you a fit... just doesn't work out everytime / most of the time. Good luck

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have 2 of the "Classic" Performance jerseys purchased on line size XL and they fit fine with plenty of room in the shoulders and arms. I'm 6'1" and 215 but I don't know what I could bench. You could get a XXL to make sure. The XL Classic fits me fine!

Members who have read this thread: 0