Phone Bag/Mount Question?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Hope Phone Bag/Mount Question?

I'm a beginner with MTB-riding, and still ride mostly through the city, and plan going a little off-road with my buddies, mostly slow trail riding.

Quick question:

Will this one be safe and keep my phone where I want? It seems cheap and very practical. The phone is protected from rain, and has a small bag for accessories. Do you think this will hold on?

ebay.com/itm/110913236668

Thanks!

Just Ride
    I wouldn't recommend it for trail. If you ride trails then you will fall. It's part of the game. That doesn't look like it offers much protection in that instance. Especially when you end up flying over the bars and they spin hitting your phone.

It does seem fine for commuting use though. Use it on the road, find an alternative for the trail.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    So what would you recommend for using on trail? From what I have read around I guess most people store their phones in their pockets or backpacks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritfly View Post
    I'm a beginner with MTB-riding, and still ride mostly through the city, and plan going a little off-road with my buddies, mostly slow trail riding.

Quick question:

Will this one be safe and keep my phone where I want? It seems cheap and very practical. The phone is protected from rain, and has a small bag for accessories. Do you think this will hold on?

ebay.com/itm/110913236668

Thanks!
    I usually carry my phone in a pocket of my hydration pack but when doing a short ride without the pack I stow it in the undersaddle bag on my bike. Mine is the Topeak and it comes with a quick-detach mount. I reinforce the mounting system by looping a small nylon chord over the rails of the saddle and around the bottom of the bag and tying it tightly. The below link has photos of the Topeak bag. Comes in several sizes and bike shops that don't have it in stock can order it. .

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_47r7kkqrkg_b

Members who have read this thread: 0