pedals/shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: pedals/shoes

May 2008

New question here. pedals/shoes

Hello all. I am getting some clipless pedals/shoes for my birthday, and I was wondering what kind are the most durable/easy to use? I ride XC and some all mountain if that helps. Thanks in advance for your help!

mtbr member
    i personally like shimano spd pedals, they are easy to clip in and out of and are very durable. as for shoes, just find a pair that fit you comfortably.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Shimano 520 pedals (adjustable tension, cheap to buy, hold up well)

Lake mountain bike shoes from nashbar.com

They have worked great.

Certified Porsche Tech
    I just went clips a week ago. Looked at the 520's but went with the Crank Bros. I got a set of
    candy's, at a discount b/c they were pink and the LBS couldn't sell em. I can't see em when I ride so w/e. I love the way my egg beaters ride and I've talked to alot of guys that rode SPD's for ever then went with Crank Bros and haven't looked back. I'd recommend buying shoes at least, in person. They all fit different, I tried on about 5 pairs before I found ones that worked for me.

link http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=408808

local trails rider
    OK, I'll throw in Time. Been running my Time ATAC XS for a few years now, without any issues. IMO Time and CB are good for dirty conditions too. Time and Shimano tend to have a durability edge. They all work.

Love thy Dog

... and if we just ...

well, if you could care less about your shins, get some Grind platform petals. you wont slip, but if they ever hit your shins, they'll rip your pants and make you bleed. hope that helps. i own a set and have never slipped out of them no matter what i am doing and Vans shoes kick a**.
    No Future Falls from Sky

Members who have read this thread: 0