Pearl Izumi Project 3.0 shoe sizing help - Do they fit small??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pearl Izumi Project 3.0 shoe sizing help - Do they fit small??

Hi there,

I've spent the last 30 minutes searching all over the net trying to figure out how these new Project 3.0 shoes fit (or the 2.0 & 3.0 for that matter). I have read a few posts that suggest they run on the small size. I would try a pair on locally, unfortunately my city doesn't have any bike stores that carry PI shoes.

I wear a 10.5 US shoe currently, and I read a review earlier that suggested I should go with a 45 - 45.5 (when a 44.5 would typically be the correct fit in any other shoe).

I was just hoping for some insight from members that own a pair, or know much about they way these new Project shoes fit?

Thanks in advance,
    2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 SL

mtbr member
    go a half size larger. I got a pair of the 44's in the 2.0 and were just a bit snug but when you rolled up on the ball of your foot like your hiking the toe box got xtra cramped. I did not have the chance to try on, great deal online. The shoes fit good but for me personally when having to hike up hills cause Im fat the shoes rubbed the back of heel, no blisters just hurt like hell. Yes I have worn them 5 or 6 times to try and break in but the heel cup is really stiff which is really good. If not alot of hiking where you ride they will be awesome, very stiff yet flexible when walking. The ratchet is top notch and doesnt take as many "clicks" to get it tight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.A. View Post
    go a half size larger. I got a pair of the 44's in the 2.0 and were just a bit snug but when you rolled up on the ball of your foot like your hiking the toe box got xtra cramped. I did not have the chance to try on, great deal online. The shoes fit good but for me personally when having to hike up hills cause Im fat the shoes rubbed the back of heel, no blisters just hurt like hell. Yes I have worn them 5 or 6 times to try and break in but the heel cup is really stiff which is really good. If not alot of hiking where you ride they will be awesome, very stiff yet flexible when walking. The ratchet is top notch and doesnt take as many "clicks" to get it tight.
    Thanks very much J.R.A. I agree with you. I think in my case, the 45 will be the right fit. I'll pull the trigger tomorrow and follow this thread up for anyone interested.
    2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 SL

Rent this space for $
    Well? Stocks are growing thin with the new version out. I just got the last pair of 44's at Art's on sale. I pick them up tomorrow. Wondering how you're liking them?

mtbr member
    Also wondering if anyone knows about the fit of the 2015 versions? JRAs experience mirrored my own but I was hoping they might widened them a touch this time around?