Pads - Body Armor- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Pads - Body Armor

I have searched, and read reviews, but I want the DJ communities opinion specifically. I am in AZ (HOT) and need shin/knee and elbow gear. I have my battle scars and left enough blood in the desert last weekend to know that I need protection (got a great DJ course, but being new..I am going to crash lot ...as I just did). So I am 6'1 210 and need some advice. I like the reviews and protection of the: www.rockgardn.com knee and arm gear, but also read about Fox and several others. I will be riding in hot dry weather. Thanks for any advice or feedback.

J.

mtbr member
    i ride the Roach Rally FR Knee/Shin. they are comfortable, have an open back, and arent as hot as you'd imagine. here is a link for them on PricePoint for about $50.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/130...-Leg-Armor.htm

SamIAm
    if i were you i would look at some fox 911. they are very thin and light, they go under pants very well if ur going with jeans or whatever.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm 6' 4" and 215ish. I've got the Roach Rally pads too. Both knee/shin and arm pads in XL. The fit is pretty good and they're not as hot as I'd thought they'd be. I'm in pa, when it gets hot (90's) it tends to be humid too and it's not that bad in the pads. The open back is nice to let the sweat evaporate.

andy

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What kind of padding do those Roach pads have? Is it similar to a real pad or just mainly to deflect rocks and such. I bought a pair of Fox Raptors a while back sight unseen and the padding was so minimal they were useless so I'm afraid to get anything similar. I just run the 661 DJ knee pads which are a bit bulky but can take pretty big impacts and slide on dirt. Can't wear them under pants though.

Members who have read this thread: 0