Padded gloves with armor?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Padded gloves with armor?

Looking for some new gloves, I want a full fingered, palm padded, and knuckle armored glove, what do you recommend?

I just got the new Dakine Defenders and they aren't padded at all in the palms, sending them back, they do have decent knuckle protection though. It gets hot in the south and my hands sweat and get callouses, so I need something with a good pad in the palm, like the Specialized BG Gel, but also want knuckle protection. I also have the 661 Cedric Gracia 2 gloves and wasn't too impressed with them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have these>

Picked them up from RIDESFO

I don't know if they still stock them, but they're great gloves with perfect palm padding and badass knuckles.

now that I look at these I realize mine have been abused as hell. poor gloves.
    I'd huck that...

I also wore out gracia 661 faster than any other glove. Fox dirtpaw, Axo MX glove, Mechanix.

Oakley Factory Pilot Glove are excellent!!

Were expensive but have been the best for me this far. Going on 6 months of hard use. The 661 Garcia lasted about 2 months

I havent tried em but would also bank on Dainese. There equipment is usually top notch (but expensive)

Edit: The palm padding is not super thick. it is a full grain leather palm.
    Sounds like they may be a better fit for you if thicker palm padding is important.

Capricious youth...
    Old Specialized Fortress gloves. Some of the best, most protective gloves I've ever used. They're fantastic.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    I had a pair of Specialized Fortress glovesand droped a glove on the lift at Platty. I couldn't find it afterward. I was so pissed because the gloves were great and just broken in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The Specialized Fortress look good but do they have any padding in the palm just below the fingers? It doesn't look it they do from the pics.

Last edited by Rasterman; 04-03-2009 at 10:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I don't like much from Oakley, but I'm on my 5th pair of those gloves, I stocked up in case they stop making them. They used to have Kevlar palms with some padding when they were first marketed toward biking but then they changed them to the current iteration and they became "Tactical Gloves", I even had to tell a mail order company that I was in the military to order them a couple years ago. I do think they're back as a mountain bike glove now and what they lack in padding they make up for in grip. These with Oury grips are like industrial strength Velcro.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I recommend these gloves and getting your cushion in your grips. Padding adds insulation.

SamIAm

therestheres a few.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

should know better.....
    I'm with sghost.
    Put good grips on the bike, like Ourys or Rogues, and go with regular padded knuckle gloves. Much easier to find, very comfy. No blisters.

Members who have read this thread: 0