• 04-02-2008
    xtremewriter
    Out of hibernation...need shoes!
    Wow, haven't been on board for awhile...the snow has finally melted here in Wisconsin, but the trails will be wet for sometime...I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation!!!

Anyway, I'm looking for some good shoes for my platforms which I've put on to practice log piles and all the more technical trails that I need work on...

I know Five Ten Impact are the way to go, but good lord...huge and black and just not what I'd like.

Anyone try any other of the Five Tens..like the Tennie, or any of the approach or climbing ones?
  • 04-02-2008
    screampint
    Ever look at the 661 line? They look like vans (as far as bulkiness). My son has the 661 Hammers and really likes them. He will also say that Vans are good, but I think the sole is too "floppy."
  • 04-02-2008
    jaclynj
    I have Vans...I don't mind the "floppiness", but my platforms are quite large. they're wearing out, so I'm going to buy the leopard print sneakers with the jewels from the skate shop!
  • 04-02-2008
    screampint
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jaclynj
    leopard print sneakers with the jewels

I'm jealous! I wish Sidi's came in Leopard print.
  • 04-02-2008
    jaclynj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by screampint
    I'm jealous! I wish Sidi's came in Leopard print.

Me too. I'd just love to have Sidi's. I've been rocking the Louis Garneau's for 2 seasons now, coming up to a solid 3.
  • 04-02-2008
    Fabulous
    I would have gone for the Impacts, but they don't come in kid's sizes. So I settled for Vans from Penny's of all places! They're working out really well for me. I might have to add some pretty sparkles since they did come from the boy's department. :D
  • 04-03-2008
    xtremewriter
    Can't believe no one (especially five ten) has seen the need for a women's mountain bike shoe (for platforms).