OT: Trail Runners...looking for shoes...- Mtbr.com
    (aka SS_MB-7)

OT: Trail Runners...looking for shoes...

I've never been much of a runner or hiker, but this winter to help combat indoor trainer boredom and for cross-training, I really got into hiking and running on the snow/ice-covered trails we normally ride in the summer. I'm going to start trail running these in the summer, as well, as a form of cross-training. I need new shoes and am trying to find a pair of Salomon XA Pro GTX shoes. I've been able to find the XA Pros, but not the GTX version.

Can anyone recommend a shop that has a pair of these (size 8) that would be willing to ship to Canada (via USPS)?
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed_Mike
    I've never been much of a runner or hiker, but this winter to help combat indoor trainer boredom and for cross-training, I really got into hiking and running on the snow/ice-covered trails we normally ride in the summer. I'm going to start trail running these in the summer, as well, as a form of cross-training. I need new shoes and am trying to find a pair of Salomon XA Pro GTX shoes. I've been able to find the XA Pros, but not the GTX version.

Can anyone recommend a shop that has a pair of these (size 8) that would be willing to ship to Canada (via USPS)?
    I think REI has them. I don't know if they ship to Canada, but they may. BTW ,these are great shoes. I have a pair myself and love them for trail running. The lacing system rocks.

Jan 2004
    As an option if you cannot find the Salomon shoes, a didas trail running shoes - the Response Trail line specifically - have worked very well for me. And the Salomon group also owns a didas - probably a lot of similar features between the two shoes technical-wise.