OT--Sources for Athletic Maternity Clothing?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

OT--Sources for Athletic Maternity Clothing?

Sorry for the male intrusion, and sorry for the off-topic question, but I'm in need a group of athletic women to query, and given that I waste a lot of time on the mtbr forums, I thought of this board. . .

My wife is 5 months pregnant (first time) and seems to be hitting that stage where her regular clothes are about to get a vacation. She's fairly active (although not necessarily that much of it is cycling ) and she makes her living teaching Pilates, so she spends most of her time in athletic wear Her first couple forays into shopping for maternity clothes have suggested that there's not a lot out there for women who want to keep moving through their pregnancy.

Do any of you happen to know of a source preferably internet or mail-order for athletic maternity wear, not necessarily cycling specific, but just stuff that will still let her have freedom of movement, etc?

Thanks in Advance,
    mac

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by farley
    Sorry for the male intrusion, and sorry for the off-topic question, but I'm in need a group of athletic women to query, and given that I waste a lot of time on the mtbr forums, I thought of this board. . .

My wife is 5 months pregnant (first time) and seems to be hitting that stage where her regular clothes are about to get a vacation. She's fairly active (although not necessarily that much of it is cycling ) and she makes her living teaching Pilates, so she spends most of her time in athletic wear Her first couple forays into shopping for maternity clothes have suggested that there's not a lot out there for women who want to keep moving through their pregnancy.

Do any of you happen to know of a source preferably internet or mail-order for athletic maternity wear, not necessarily cycling specific, but just stuff that will still let her have freedom of movement, etc?

Thanks in Advance,
    mac
    I found this http://www.unbuttonedmaternity.com/ecom/details/16
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

Slothful dirt hippie
    Congrats, and glad to hear of another mom keeping at it! My baby just turned 2 months old. You can view some of my adventures of pregnancy and riding in the archives.

I know title 9 has a maternity short and pant, and I think motherhood does as well... but yes, there is precious little in the way of activewear for preggo folks. I ended up getting a large pair of cheap stretchy black cotton jersy shorts at Target that worked out so well they went to the hospital with me. I was also able to wear my usual polypro leggings all the way through. The trick towards the end was just finding shirts long enough.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

Members who have read this thread: 0