Ordering a New Full Face Helmet. Any Input on This Helmet?- Mtbr.com

Jun 2009

Ordering a New Full Face Helmet. Any Input on This Helmet?

My starting Full Face is wearing out on me so I Just ordered the SixSixOne Strike to go with the rest of the attire I ordered tonight... Anyone heard much about this helmet?

661 Strike Helmet

My camelbak and gloves were wearing down too so I'm getting all of this too. Whatcha think?

mtbr member
    I'd pass on the 661 gloves. I've gone through a couple of pairs of those really quick. They're nice and cheap, feel good on your hands, but wear out fast. The other stuff looks rad.

Quote Originally Posted by fixbikeguy
    I'd pass on the 661 gloves. I've gone through a couple of pairs of those really quick. They're nice and cheap, feel good on your hands, but wear out fast. The other stuff looks rad.
    +1 on no 661 gloves. fastest set I ever wore through are 661

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    there is such a thing as color coordinating TOO much

mtbr member
    The Strike is a nice budget helmet, but it does tend to heat up quite a bit. Other than that, it's not bad for the price you pay.

mtbr member
    Martha Stewart would be happy with all that coordination

mtbr member
    Seriously, what's it to you guys if the OP wants to colour coordinate? You guys can't be bothered with how you look and end up looking like crap next to the guys that do and now you're feeling a little low on self esteem, so you come on an anonymous forum and make fun of them?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas
    Seriously, what's it to you guys if the OP wants to colour coordinate? You guys can't be bothered with how you look and end up looking like crap next to the guys that do and now you're feeling a little low on self esteem, so you come on an anonymous forum and make fun of them?
    the OP asked us what we thought...we simply gave our opinion.
    what? we're suppose to like everything some one posts?

mtbr member
    No, you're right. I shouldn't have bothered.

Jun 2009
    I like it so I guess that is all that matters. lol. No harm on the input guys, thanks. Definitely will end up ordering new gloves after the 661 gloves wear out, hopefully they will last me thru August.

mtbr member
    im loving my royal pro gloves, and it comes in a blue/white

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=30891
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    im loving my royal pro gloves, and it comes in a blue/white

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=30891
    Thanks man, those are pretty nice.

mtbr member
    In terms of the helmet I hav the Azonic Fury helmet, which is actually the same helmet as the Strike but different design. It is actually the only helmet that fit me very well and I tried TLD, THE, Fox, other 661, basically as many as I could find. Overall the helmet itself is a little wide compared to others but I love mine. I am glad it has the D rings, its incredibly comfortable for me, and I don't think its too hot. If it fits your noggin then go with it. Overall the designs go together well and you can always mix it up and throw in a black jersey which will match just as well with the rest of your kit. Good luck

The Beast Breathes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU_Pirate18
    My starting Full Face is wearing out on me so I Just ordered the SixSixOne Strike to go with the rest of the attire I ordered tonight... Anyone heard much about this helmet?

661 Strike Helmet

My camelbak and gloves were wearing down too so I'm getting all of this too. Whatcha think?

Nice! You can't go wrong with Dakine, and 661 is a great brand. Good choice!
    Last edited by mountain_bomber156; 06-28-2009 at 04:28 AM.
    Good luck with that, mister 300-Mile Turn Radius.

Capricious youth...
    Love the new Royal Pro gloves. They're amazing.

Just enough padding. Not too much, not too little.
    Meh.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I have a Strike and it seems to run small. My Large is a little tight. It was also too hot until I cut the liner at all the vent openings, now it's better. Not a bad helmet for the price. Pretty light too.

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    Love the new Royal Pro gloves. They're amazing.

Just enough padding. Not too much, not too little.
    Damn. I'm already a full-on Royal-whore, been trying to come up with a reason NOT to buy the new Pro gloves, y'all are making that TOUGH...

Jun 2009
    Ditto on the 661- nice looks, poor quality, lasted me 10 days until the first hole, 2 months and they were rags

Dr Phil mmkay

Flight

Shoulda got one of these instead:

Yeah, 661 gloves wear faster than most other gloves, but I love'em nonetheless. The level of comfort and looks are top notch! Plus, everyone and their mothers are 'sponsored' by 661 (myself included) so it's not like they're that expensive to replace.

Dr Phil mmkay
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesparps
    Ditto on the 661- nice looks, poor quality, lasted me 10 days until the first hole, 2 months and they were rags
    You death grip those bars or what, dude? Might be a defect? I really can't see how you managed to put a hole into the glove in less than 2 weeks. I've been running a set of 661 CK1 gloves for almost 2 seasons now and they're finally starting to rip at the palms (because I also run a wrist brace that has a metallic guard that ate through the gloves). My new Raji have done fine this season including 3 races (one of them stupid muddy), a handful of shuttle days and one weekend at Diablo (with a pretty bad wipeout).
    Last edited by Dr Phil mmkay; 06-28-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Pivotal figure
    I've had the same results with 661 gloves, mainly due to my finger length (long). The Royal Air's are my new favorites, nice fit and they've held up quite well (also very inexpensive). Also can't go wrong with the Dakine pack...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

The Beast Breathes
    Are you guys serious? I've had a pair of 661 Raji's for three years and they're only starting to wear now because I took a nasty spill on my local DH course two weeks ago. I don't get it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas

Yes.

Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Yes.
    You mad I'm styling on you?

The Beast Breathes
    Yes.
    WTF? Color coordinating isn't a crime, and that's a personal choice. I, personally, can't stand to have more than two colors at a time on a bike, and can't stand seeing people who run different tires front and rear. That's just me. If he wants to do that, nobody here can stop him (unless electric blue is suddenly radioactive.)

mtbr member
    You mad I'm styling on you?

Very upset. Just like Captain Furious

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_bomber156
    WTF? Color coordinating isn't a crime, and that's a personal choice. I, personally, can't stand to have more than two colors at a time on a bike, and can't stand seeing people who run different tires front and rear. That's just me. If he wants to do that, nobody here can stop him (unless electric blue is suddenly radioactive.)

You and M.C. :

Jun 2009
    You and M.C. :

1) The blue doesn't match my bike at all, I have a specialized pitch comp brown.
    2) I don't wear matching shorts, just wear black biking shorts or cargo shorts.
    3) You must be pretty jealous to be staying in this thread as long as you have been bashing on me for my choice in mtb gear. You mad?

mtbr member
    1) The blue doesn't match my bike at all, I have a specialized pitch comp brown.
    2) I don't wear matching shorts, just wear black biking shorts or cargo shorts.
    3) You must be pretty jealous to be staying in this thread as long as you have been bashing on me for my choice in mtb gear. You mad?

You must be looking for acceptance - I am flattered that you value my opinion so much.

Here is the deal - Time to go ride - get your matching outfit and get it dirty. Then it really doesnt matter.

The Beast Breathes
    You must be pretty jealous to be staying in this thread as long as you have been bashing on me for my choice in mtb gear. You mad?
    Really, though. There is an uncomfortable number of people on this site (not going to name names, yet) that feel like they have to bend everyone's opinion to match their own. I HATE those people. If you want to wear f'ing blue clothes, who's goddamn business is that but yours? People really shouldn't have to thrash on you because you wear clothes (that by the way look nice.)
    If people like that (the bendy opinion ones) had their way, everyone would be riding the same bike and wearing the same clothes (or all be naked) and it would look alot like Cuba. Lighten up, people.

Jun 2009
    Really, though. There is an uncomfortable number of people on this site (not going to name names, yet) that feel like they have to bend everyone's opinion to match their own. I HATE those people. If you want to wear f'ing blue clothes, who's goddamn business is that but yours? People really shouldn't have to thrash on you because you wear clothes (that by the way look nice.)
    If people like that (the bendy opinion ones) had their way, everyone would be riding the same bike and wearing the same clothes (or all be naked) and it would look alot like Cuba. Lighten up, people.
    Thanks bomber, nicely said. I like what I have chosen As long as I like it thats all that should matter

Dr Phil mmkay
    Thanks bomber, nicely said. I like what I have chosen As long as I like it thats all that should matter
    Says the guy who started this thread.

ready to ride
    Dakine cross x is pretty nice also the O'neal element but gloves are personal prefrance
    N* = <3 <3]

percocet pioneer.
    I like how you ask for feedback on the helmet AFTER you order it. Okay...

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Are you guys serious? I've had a pair of 661 Raji's for three years and they're only starting to wear now because I took a nasty spill on my local DH course two weeks ago. I don't get it.
    Same as him, I have Rajis for six months now. My other pairs of gloves fell apart after the same time period! And I use them everyday!

And my first true damage to it was when I crashed yesterday (small tear on the left hand glove).

And the 661 Strike is the same as the Azonic Fury and the discontinued Axo Rocker.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

Glad to Be Alive
    do any colors you want
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

661 Strike Helmet

661 gloves just wear too fast. I'm not so sure for other riding style, but for XC & AM , we ride in rainy & shiny day, muddy & dusty terrain..the riding will be for long-long 4 to 6 hours. probabily human sweat cause the problem.. only for glove , i would choose TLD.

The Beast Breathes
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    do any colors you want
    And I thought the Specialized guy looked like a douche...

The Beast Breathes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil mmkay
    Says the guy who started this thread.
    Everyone has their bad days (can it)

not a forum admin

661 Strike Helmet

The helmet is a good helmet for the price. If i'm not mistaken it is basically the same as the Azonic Fury. Comfy helmet, but has a lot of foam along with the inner padded liner and clothe mesh material over the vents. This all leads to less than ideal venting. If you ride/live in a pretty warm area and you know you are sensitive to the heat, than you might want to try something else. If that isn't something your worried about, than get the helmet. It is comfy and works just fine. Oh, and with all the foam and thick padded liner, the helmet does a good job at fitting a lot of different head forms.

mtbr member
    And I thought the Specialized guy looked like a douche...
    I cant believe you called Mario Cipollini a douche........

The Beast Breathes
    I cant believe you called Mario Cipollini a douche........

Members who have read this thread: 0