Opinion on Helmet: Azonic Fury or Specialized Deviant?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Opinion on Helmet: Azonic Fury or Specialized Deviant?

Well, I asked the wife for a new helment for Christmas, and I narrowed it down to these 2, I guess. I don't want to spend a lot since we have a 10 month old baby. And, for whatever reason, I want a new helmet even though my Bellistic is only about 5 months old. Tell me what you guys think.

Aug 2005
    I'd go with the Deviant, they look cool, are well ventilated, and fairly light as well. There was just a big thread about the deviant, I'd search for it. Might find some good info there.

pwn3rator
    the one that looks the coolest...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Oct 2004
    both would be a good choice

the azonic is quite cheap for the quality, i dont kno about the deviants price

i kno that the fury is also well ventilated with 200 ventilation holes

mtbr member
    the deviant i think is around 120 bucks i think that is going to be my next helmet they just look so cool

Hisforever

Specialized Deviant...nm

PipedreamMoxie
    calling
    offering
    Yz 250x braap

Crainius Maximus
    Oct 2005
    Could someone post a pic of the Azonic Fury? I can't find one anywhere...

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm really surprised how many people on this board like the Deviant. I was a *huge* Specialized fan with four Spec bikes, but couldn't bring myself to buy this helmet after actually seeing it / trying it on. I was really excited to finally see it because I was waiting for a long time for it to come out. The problem I have with it is that I don't believe it is a very safe DH/FR helmet, IMO. The level of protection from this helmet is barely more than a XC helmet, which is basically what it is - with a chin bar. I just suggest trying one out before purchasing. If you don't plan on falling very hard, it might be ok. Just my $0.02.

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by robertg
    . I don't want to spend a lot since we have a 10 month old baby..
    This is exactly why you need to spend good money on a good helmet. If the weather is cooler near you get a motocross helmet, far safer than any bike helmet. Do it for your child so they a coherent father. Not one who sustained major brain trauma from falling off a bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have actually been considering going with a DOT approved MX helmet for the extra protection. As far as heat goes, I don't care. I have been riding motorcycles for years and am used to heat because of protective gear. I used to ride my R6 with a full leather one piece Teknic racing suit on, for normal street riding. People used to always bug me about it untill one day I actually went down at about 50 mph, got tossed about 150 feet down a road, and just got up and walked away, with not even a scratch on me. I was sore as hell, but I walked away. There were other riders who went down that caused me to go down, and they had to get skin grafts because their jeans shredded away. Needless to say, they now ride with full leathers.

My riding is becoming more aggressive as time goes on, and I just want to make sure that I will be going home every time once I am done riding.

I was looking at the Sixsixone Launch as a possible DOT approved helmet, and HJC and Bell offer some nice models that are affordable as well. If you guys have any opinions on any DOT helmets, let me know. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Crainius Maximus
    Oct 2005
    HJC's CL-X4 line of moto helmets are worth looking into. They are very affordable ($100 - 140), both Snell and DOT approved, high quality, and also fit very well.

I have two and highly recommend them...

-Jordan

mtbr member

heres the pic of the azonic helmet

Crainius Maximus
    Oct 2005
    Cool, thanks!

Does anyone know if any of the online stores have this in stock yet?

mtbr member
    i havnt been able to find it yet

Oct 2004
    i believe that the azonic fury comes out nov 15. but the the shipment could be later.

Members who have read this thread: 0