is it ok to order a helmet online?- Mtbr.com
    T.Dot Represent

is it ok to order a helmet online?

i ahve found an awsome deal on a helmet online, the only thing is that i dont know if it will fit or if it will be comfortable because i have yet to try it on! the site gives u dimensions and sizees but it doesnt say where those are applicable and how does one know if they have a large head or a small head!!!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

Jun 2004

which one?

Tell the model and the size, and I'm sure someone can tell you if they fit "true to size". Best bet would be to try one on somewhere, but you can return if it doesn't fit, right? I bought my Giro MadMaxII online without trying it on first, and it worked out fine.

T.Dot Represent
    im looking at the 661 full bravo carbon at bikeroom.com (i get stufffrom them cz i dont have to pay customs or tax well only like 7%

BJ-

Jan 2004
    im sure itll be fine just get ur size...

best bet would be to go to some shop that ur never going back to and ask if you could try one on and find the size u want and show ur appriciation for the help and then leave...

Can't get right...

661 runs a bit small

I got the same helmet and bought it online. They run a bit small. I got the measurements of my head and used their chart to pick a size. Large was the winner. Its a bit tight but is breaking in after 15 days of riding. If ur head size is close to the border between 2 sizes go bigger i think. I'm getting a haircut evry 2 weeks to keep in not too snug. Or just go to a LBS and try it on. BTW great helmet for the money if u ask me. Broke the visor when i faceplanted into a tree but i was fine. 18 bucks later i had a new visor.
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

Xtremely Moderate
    Ditto to the small sizing on the 661 Full Bravos.

According to the sizing chart I should have bought a Large.

Went with the XL instead, and it fits perfectly snug. Anymore snug and it would be too small.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

T.Dot Represent
    well i bought my Netti lid at my LBS today. i actually got the small/medium size... big shock, cuz my head measured bigger and then when i tried on the lg/m helmet it was too loose!!!

BJ-

Jan 2004
    oh ok nice...

and remember now wear the dam thing...

I liked the old *****
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Ditto to the small sizing on the 661 Full Bravos.

According to the sizing chart I should have bought a Large.

Went with the XL instead, and it fits perfectly snug. Anymore snug and it would be too small.
    Yeah - me too. Giro Large = 661 XLarge. In fact Giro didn't sell Large Full Face (had the Havoc), so I ordered Large 661 at lbs . . . tried it on, then waited for the XL to come in.

Summary: Size would be my only concern when mail ordering.

Apr 2004
    I ordered a helmet from JensonUSA and it was too small. They replaced it no questions asked. The only disadvantage is that you have to pay shipping.

a'buh?
    just buy a helmet like the 661 mullet that has different size pads that come with it, so it's one size fits all. The only downside is it looks doofy if your head is really small, and if your head is the size of Sputnik, it won't fit
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

/dev/null
    I should just keep this in my clipboard to be pasted every time one of these types of threads come up, because it is my stock response:

NEVER buy a helmet without trying it on. Ever. Especially not a full-face.

I tried on at least a dozen helmets and the only one that ever fit me was a Giro MadMax. You simply have no way of telling what kind of shape the helmet is - "true" sizes or not, head shape is very important.

Just don't do it. Go to a DH race and try on some from the vendor's or the racers, then decide.

Jan 2004
    measure ur head and check jenson usa... they have a really good fitting thing. And even if it doesn't fit, send it back and get a different size

T.Dot Represent

thanks for the help fellas...

i bought a NETTI EXN and it is F**KING SICK it fits my head perfectly and when i rode yesturday it gave me soo much more confidence. that being said i hit more harder lines and didnt fall once, well i bailed and f**ked up the plastic knob thingys that hide the DJ3s shrader valves but its all good! also it had rained that day maybed 7 hours before i hit the trails at the most so they where super muddy and supper clay filled tooo!!!

also the helmet isnt orange the flash just made it look that way
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apr 2004
    sweet...

Jun 2004
    Try any helmet before you buy, ESPECIALLY a full face helmet, where jaw size, facial dimensions, and head shape are much more important to fit.

go to a shop and try on what they got, find what you like, then order it. I wouldnt order a helmet just because you're getting a deal on it. This thing is gonna be on your head, and just a little discomfort from poor fit, will annoy the @#%^ out of you every minute you have it on your head.