Now summer's a comin - $150 short alternatives- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Now summer's a comin - $150 short alternatives

So,

I fatbiked all winter. I didn't gain any weight wich was nice. Problem is that my gear is size 36 and I'm a size 32-33 now. I need new shorts.

I read a bunch of reviews on the troy lee ace shorts. I dig them, they're exactly what i want. Go shopping and the cheapest I can find them is $125 with amazon prime shipping. No way in hell I'm paying that.

Look around some more and the only stuff available in my size is $70+. I found a bunch of shorts on sale in the $30 ballpark but they're all size 36 or bigger.

I just need a small pocket for car keys and a seperate pocket for my cellphone. I also want a more fitted, breathable short. I don't ride with a chamois.

I was thinking of looking into spandexy climbing shorts or possibly cutting mesh liner out of a pair of board shorts. It's just hard to find a set of shorts whout bum pockets, but ones with side pockets.

I found some of both that look like they'd work and I was going to go slummin at the rei discount rack and the discount rack at the LBS. Other than that im out of ideas. Anyone figure out anything that works without the included clothing cycling tax?

mtbr member
    I'd give this a try, I ride with the range cargo and love it! Use a 30% off coupon and you can get it for ~$30ish

Hit me up with a PM if you can't find a coupon and I will search for the latest they sent me!

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/fox...r-men~p~115ap/.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I currently ride those. They're awesome but i want something a little more form fitting

Robertson

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Those look brilliant! Any thoughts on sizing? I feel wierd ordering a small based on their charts.

Robertson
    They run a bit slim so I'd order up a size, they have waist adjusters if they're a touch too big

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks, man. Ordered a medium. Seems like all of the negative reviews were them being too tight wich would be what i want and sizing up all should be gravy.

Ended up throwing a casette i needed on the order for free shipping, then paying the addl 6 for expedited shipping. Curious to see how long it takes to get here from England

Robertson
    When I've got stuff from them before, it's been 7-10 business days for normal shipping. Never got expedited before.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    It took 3 days to get them. Unreal.

The fit is perfect and they're exactly what i wanted. Only thing im sorta worried about is a seam across my butt. I won't be able to ride them until Sunday but i think they'll be perfect