Northwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoes HELP!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Northwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoes HELP!

Hello,
    I have a broken eyelet on my Northwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoesand am having a really hard time finding a replacement. I sent an e-mail to Northwave in Italy and they forwarded it to Hawley who distributes the shoe in USA. They are telling me they can't help in finding a new eyelet. My shoes are just outside 2 year warranty being 2014 but still in awesome shape. The Hawley rep says I'm stuck buying new shoes. The shoes have the Northwave proprietary fastening system called NorthWave SLW2 system. The BOA system is similar and more prevalent in US. If anyone has a connection or alternative where I can get a replacement eyelet please send the info my way. Thanks in advance! See Pictures Northwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoes HELP!-broken-eyelet-northwave.jpgNorthwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoes HELP!-broken-eyelet-northwave-close.jpg Northwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoes HELP!-normal-eyelets-northwave-left-.jpgNorthwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoes HELP!-normal-eyelet-northwave-left-shoe.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Northwave Extreme Tech Plus MTB shoes HELP!-broken-eyelet-northwave-2-shoes.jpg  

mtbr member
    Do you still have the eyelet? You can always try taking it to a place that does shoe repairs. It looks like it's sewn on with threads. They might be able to stitch it back on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Sadly I do not have the broken off plastic loop. I do have a very capable friend with an industrial sewing machine who could sew on a new one easily. I'm trying to find a manufacturer or retailer who will sell me one that is a reasonable replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Do you still have the eyelet? You can always try taking it to a place that does shoe repairs. It looks like it's sewn on with threads. They might be able to stitch it back on.

mtbr member
    Good luck on finding one. Unless you can find the manufacturer of the shoes somewhere in Asia...you're out of luck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm also looking at used boa shoes on different sites like pinkbike and e-bay for a loop that is similar. I can always remove the Plastic eyelet/loop and install on my shoe.