Normal MTB Shoes? Under $60- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Normal MTB Shoes? Under $60

looking for sugestions on a shoe. Something that blends in to looking like a normal everyday shoe would be nice. Also wondering if there are any with a softer sole? I have owned one pair of bike shoes and it was rather difficult to do much normal walking in. Under $60 please

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    If you use clipless pedals you do not want soft soled shoes.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

just along for the ride
    Soft shoes only for std pedals, biggest nightmare is tying to slide into clipins with a rubber bottom it don't happen, sorry to say its either..or good luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I was just thinking there might be some kind of middle ground. I know the shoes I had were stiff. Very and was thinking there might be some kinda in the middle. Id say about as stiff as a new pair of boots. Im not talking like tennis shoes or anything like that.

just along for the ride
    Its not the shoe its the bottom that interacts with the pedal/cleat, you want it to be hard plastic so if you miss the clip in you can slide into the clip. Nothing more fustrating than having a shoe botton that will not slide into the clip, everything outside of the slip in area is not important, be it soft or hard, always look at the immediate area where the clip in happens and make sure its hard plastic insert cause if its rubber you will be hunting to be clipped in.

mtbr member
    I have the Shimano MT30 Sport shoes. Look mostly like regular shoes, are pretty stiff but you can easily walk in them. I caught the corner of a rock on trail one evening and the shoes took the hit - my foot didn't even feel it. I've been really happy with these - in fact I use them on my roadbike too

$65.00

:wq

Members who have read this thread: 0