Niteflux Photon Max helmet mount users- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Niteflux Photon Max helmet mount users

I'm strongly considering this light and saw the comments in the shootout. Just curious about what you folks think that use it full time on the helmet. Pros/Cons. I originally got a NR Trinewt and it was too heavy for my noggin, so I've been searching for something lighter. At 151g, I feel the head unit will be light enough. I just wanted to gather more opinions from folks who use it on their helmet.
    -------------------
    '13 Niner - Black Air 9 SS 29er
    '12 Niner Jet 9 RDO
    '08 Specialized Tricross CX
    '11 Fuji SST 2.0

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    You shouldn't consider this light based on the shootout - it is not available anymore.
    They changed the beam pattern, so at the moment there is no review available of this light - and there are no beamshots I'm aware of.
    Niteflux customers, please upload your beamshots right away! ;-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by radirpok
    You shouldn't consider this light based on the shootout - it is not available anymore.
    They changed the beam pattern, so at the moment there is no review available of this light - and there are no beamshots I'm aware of.
    Niteflux customers, please upload your beamshots right away! ;-)
    They didn't redesign it, they just changed the TIR selection so it wasn't as spot light oriented. That will change the beam pattern and flux measurement in a test/use but not much else.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    photon max is too tall to be helmet mounted if you ride on trails with alot of low hanging branches. it's adjustabel mount like the L&M Arc. Beam pattern with two med and one spot is pretty good, compare to when MTBR first test it. Trinewt even though heavy still have the beam pattern as well as the Seca 700. I don't have any of these lights. just base on test borrowing from friends.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I tested the photon max (new version 2 med lens and one spot) to be 33lux. niterider HID 18lux, trinewt 22lux, 600L 22lux( early 2008 model), 400L 22lux, 800L at 44lux. even though photon max is 50% brighter then Trinewt. Trinewt beam pattern is more useable.

Members who have read this thread: 0