Newbie - Shoes?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Newbie - Shoes?

otb member

Newbie - Shoes?

As the summer approached and N* opening gets closer and closer, I post more and more to be sure I'm ready for the DH this summer. After 10 years riding only XC, it's time to try some DH.

So, Shoes?
    If I ride platforms (seems like that's the way to go), what shoes can I get away with and be semi comfortable. Obviously the 5.10 are the shiznit, but without laying out the loot, I've got skate shoes (no support in the sole), runners (basic sneakers), and some CC runners (shank through the bottom)?

Can I get away with one of these?
    The wheels on my bike go 'round and 'round

SamIAm
    just put a sweet insole in your skate shoes would be best.

do not use the CC runners. that "shank" acts just like the grind plate on soapshoes. bad bad idea.

sneakers may work. just so long as they sole is full so if u put ur foot on funny it will still have good grip

traction is the most important thing ie. tires. if you cant grip you cant do shiz. good shoes turn ur flats into clips basically. you can also throw some bigger pins in ur pedals too, it will destroy ur shoe faster but better grip. find out what works best for you
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

otb member
    That's cool. I've got some of those green super feet in my skate shoes already.
    The wheels on my bike go 'round and 'round

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Skate shoes. Work every time. Even Neethling uses Vans.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

Members who have read this thread: 0