New shoes. Tried and true, new, and newer- Mtbr.com
    Do You Like To Climb?
    Sep 2004

New shoes. Tried and true, new, and newer

Been riding Mutano 2.4s for years and had an itch to try something new. Wanted even higher volume so I tried Nevegal DTC 2.35s next. Two rides on them and decided they do not quite sut my riding style. Finally, got a set of Mountain King 2.4s. Surprisingly, the MKs weigh more than the Nevegals. Swapping out tires now and first extended ride on the MKs should be tomorrow.

ups and downs
    I've been running the MK 2.4 Supersonics on my ETSX Team once the snows started going away. They've been better than the Race Kings in deeper mud and have been great on snow and even a dirty ice. Fairly light at 540gms. They roll reasonably fast on the pavement to and from the dirt
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Do You Like To Climb?
    Sep 2004
    Rockyuphill I knew I could count on you. . .

I am looking for a large volume tire that works well on pavement or hard pack on the way to the trails. I like the Mutanos but I want a larger volume tire and a bit more traction.

Do you run the same tire front and rear?

ups and downs
    Once the muddy season is over I'll switch back to the Race King 2.2's to get the best of both worlds, they roll fast on hard pack and pavement and grip well on dirt and wet roots and rocks.

I've been running the same tire front and back for a while, the last F/R specific tires I tried were Kenda Kinetics 2.35.

I have a pair of Maxxis Aspen 2.25 to try if we ever stop getting snow here.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Members who have read this thread: 0