New pedals or shoes? or both?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New pedals or shoes? or both?

I am currently using the shock clickless pedals that come on the Kona Coiler D and my Puma Classics shoes. I haven't had a problem with coming off the pedals until I rode out a Bootleg Canyon on sat. I don't know if it was the rock or my shoes just wearing out but I was coming off the pedals left and right. (mainly right, lol) And I have the battle wounds on my legs to prove it. I was wondering if I should get some new 5.10 shoes or maybe some of the lower profile Kona pedals with more pins. What do you guys think. If you have any other suggestions on pedals or shoes let me know. Thanks

mtbr member
    5:10's and just about any pedal with a pin sticking up will work with them!
    Sorry to hear about the wounds.
    Chris Canfield, Gene and Minnar were up there this weekend!
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    lol. Ya we saw them. We actually talked to them, cool guys. They weren't there till the near the end of the day tho... My buddy has a Canfield bike so they noticed us. :-)

mtbr member
    The Kona pedals I was looking at are the Wah Wah's

mtbr member
    are you set on kona pedals or open to other brands? i swear by primo super tenderizers and all my friends have come to follow me because the concaved design allows your foot to rest more comfortably but increases pressure on the outer pins to your shoe which helps keep you stuck on real good.

mtbr member
    No I'm open to any suggestions that anyone has. Ill check out those primo's. My buddies just use the Konas and like them.

Jul 2007
    Primo's have way too high of a profile for my tastes. check out the pedals section at danscomp.com.

N* Bomber Crew
    I'm all about those Sunline V-One Pedals. But me, I bought 50/50's because they were mega cheap, so if they suck I'm not really out anything. If they rule well, I'm running them.

I know 5.10's are really good shoes, but I've used Vans, Etnies, and Nike skate style shoes on many pedals (Mostly A-Frames) and they've all stuck pretty well, so open your shoe options to more than just 5.10's.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Instead of making a new thread, what are some good cheap pedals that I could buy? Sorry to steal your thunder RC.
    '08 Turner DHR :)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I'm all about those Sunline V-One Pedals. But me, I bought 50/50's because they were mega cheap, so if they suck I'm not really out anything. If they rule well, I'm running them.

I know 5.10's are really good shoes, but I've used Vans, Etnies, and Nike skate style shoes on many pedals (Mostly A-Frames) and they've all stuck pretty well, so open your shoe options to more than just 5.10's.
    My Vans were slipping off my Holzfeller pedals, then I got 5.10s and seriously, there's a difference. But, on pedals with normal pins the Vans were fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0