New option for armor for guys with 55" chest- Mtbr.com

Jun 2008

New option for armor for guys with 55" chest

Hey guys, I don't post much but I've been reading a lot here lately. Everyone post the Rockgardn Flak Jacket as the go to armor for guys how have up to a 55 inch chest. Well I'm happy to say I've found another option for us.

Its the Juggarnaut Armor from Velocity Gear. http://highvelocitygear.com/productp...uggernaut.html I ordered mine and it got to the house within a week and a half. The fit of the armor is good, once I've got it all on I don't notice its there. The arm pads stay in place as well as the shoulder pads. The material is breathable and I don't think heat will be too much of an issue.

Now this is motorcycle armor which means its probably heavier than the Flak Jacket but I think it may also provide an increase level of protection. The website list the following:

* CE EN1621-2 Level 2 Compliant Back Protection
    * CE EN1621-1 Compliant Shoulder and Elbow Protection
    * Covered by EC-Type Examination Certificate
    * Articulating Spines for High Maneuverability & Ergonomic Comfort

Also, the measurement on the website says up to 52" chest but I measured my chest and belly and I'm 54" in both and the shirt felt like it had a bit more room to stretch. The only thing that was real tight was the waist belt for the back protector. This can zipped out and get rid of a lot of the weight you would carry with this. But as long as the belt was it would not stay on if I got to huffing and puffing on the bike. I need to get some velcro to expand the length the belt can go to.

The other thing I didn't like is standing up in the armor in the house the front chest plate was an inch off my chest at the top. I could tighten the shoulder straps to help with this, and when I'm leaned over on my bike its not as big of a deal but standing around its weird.

There's a review on this shirt done by Web Bike World, a motorcycle review site with more pictures. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motor...juggernaut.htm

Also the company has a policy if you destroy the armor for any reason you can buy another set for half price.

Hit me up with any questions and I'll try to post some pics of my fat self in the armor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

May 2009
    EVS Sports makes a body armor jacket like that. They offer several different models and at least one of their models go up to a 4X or 5X in size.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    You have enough armor if you have a 55" chest.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I suppose you are right.

Members who have read this thread: 0