New Oakley releases- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New Oakley releases

For those that are interested, Oakley just updated their website today with a bunch of new releases. I picked up a pair of Uranium Jawbreakers.

Oakley New Sunglasses for Men | Official Oakley Store

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1803
Size:  9.5 KB

I quit e-MTBR
    Ghastly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm

*sploosh*

Gonna order these tomorrow, they'll be a wonderful addition to my collection. I saw this frame launch on Velonews, but was meh about the color selections until seeing this option. I currently have the Antifreeze Radars and they're always getting me compliments from Oakley fans.New Oakley releases-radar-radarxl_antifr-hi.jpg

mtbr member
    1275-1325; Middle English gastly; see ghast, -ly

I wouldn't expect anything less from "OldManBike"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post
    *sploosh*

Gonna order these tomorrow, they'll be a wonderful addition to my collection. I saw this frame launch on Velonews, but was meh about the color selections until seeing this option. I currently have the Antifreeze Radars and they're always getting me compliments from Oakley fans.
    I have the original Anitfreeze Radars as well, not to mention a few more....

New Oakley releases-oakley.jpg

Dab-O-Matic
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post
    I currently have the Antifreeze Radars and they're always getting me compliments from Oakley fans.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radar-RadarXL_AntiFr-hi.jpg 
Views:	1527 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	977734
    This is what I always worry about while shredding the gnar!
    SB4.5 XX1/XTR
    Parlee Chebacco
    Cannondale Black Di2/disk (roadie)
    '07 575 XT
    SB95a*
    SB95c*
    ASRc*
    SB5c*
    * retired

meow meow
    digging the flak 2.0 xl in black.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I picked up a pair of the Jawbreaker's with Prizm Trail lenses and tried them out during a couple of long rides at Brown County, IN last weekend.

Oakley Prizm Trail Jawbreaker | Official Oakley Store

My go to lenses the last couple of years have been the Oakley Radar Path photochromic

Oakley Radar Path Photochromic | Official Oakley Store

The Jawbreakers fit well out of the box but I notice some very slight slipping of the nose piece during my second day of riding. Not a big issue, but I did have to push them back up my nose on a couple of occasions. The ear pieces are adjustable (can lengthen and shorten) but I didn't change them and they seemed to fit well with my Scott helmet. I didn't have any fogging issues while riding but as the temperature ratchets up further this summer it will need to be further assessed.

The Prizm Trail lens is very interesting. It really makes the trail itself "pop". Going from glasses on to glasses off it was amazing to see how much the trail actually brightens with the glasses on. Obstacles just as roots and rocks were all easy to spot. Could I see them better as Oakley claims? Not sure, but certainly the contrast they provided for these objects was very good. In Brown County most of the trail is under a canopy of trees and the light transmission through the glasses worked well. If I were riding in an area somewhere more in the open with bright sunlight I would be concerned that the trail lens is not dark enough. On the flip side, as it gets late in the day when it gets dark under the tree canopy, a photochromic lens might be better.

Overall, Jawbreakers are a nice addition to the Oakley's line of cycling glasses. If you already own a set of Radarlock's, then just picking up the Prizm Trail lens for it may be the best option. If you are wrestling between purchasing a Jawbreaker vs a Radarlock, then that is a tougher decision. Right now the Radarlock does have a broader selection of lenses with multiple photochromic options, so I would probably lean that way.

Oakley PRIZM Trail Radarlock Path | Official Oakley Store

mtbr member
    I'm an Oakley fan too. Thinking about grabbing a pair of the Jawbreakers. I've got a pair of Photochromic Jawbones and the lenses do not get dark enough on really bright days. I have to use the other pair with the black iridium lenses.