New MX Helmet- Mtbr.com

Thread: New MX Helmet

Glad to Be Alive

New MX Helmet

I just got this Bling Bling, Hybrid Carbon Fiber, Kevlar construction which Exceeds Snell, DOT, ECE 22/04 and AS standards

How do you guys get use to them when they are so big compared to the regular bike helmets
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Specialized Rida
    If only they would make DH bike helmets with graphics like that. TLD has some cool stuff but thier moto designs are far better I think.

Let us know what you think about the wieght and heat on an MX helmet.

Cool helmet .

Aug 2006
    Sick.

moaaar shimz
    Looks hot, does it exceed Snell-M2000/2005?

i drink shower water
    i get use to it by just waering it a lot. even if you want to go back to the old one just power through it.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It is a lot easier to wear mx helmets when you have a motor under you!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Nov 2006
    ive never ridden without a MX helmet, so no getting use to. harder to breathe thats about it. hot in summer

Stray Bullet
    I tried that helmet on at Sea Otter. It was very light. I used a cheap MX helmet for a long time. Sure it was hot in the summer but my head still very safe. I'm now using a Fox Ramage that is a lot cooler but doesn't seem as safe.

If I can convince the Azonic guys to cut me a deal similar to what they were going to at Sea Otter then I'll buy one real soon.

mtbr member
    Dont think so as M certification is for motorsports no? IE some sort of a lexan visor?

Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Looks hot, does it exceed Snell-M2000/2005?

moaaar shimz
    M2000 is the best certification available for a helmet, It complies with serious motorsport testing and its now called M2005

Disco-Superfly
    It looks hot in more ways than one
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Stray Bullet
    M2000 is the best certification available for a helmet, It complies with serious motorsport testing and its now called M2005
    Actually SA2005 is the highest rating and is designed for car use. SA rated helmets are designed to protect the head from multiple impacts against a steel roll cage and have flame resisant padding.

M2005 is for motorcycles and the testing isn't as rigorous as that for cars, single impact only.

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    you will get used to it, that is a nice helmet.

Regards

mtbr member
    I bought a 661 Hurricane Flight MX to replace my TLD D2. Huge difference, but good idea in getting the Carbon/Kevlar - the Fiberglass ones are really heavy.

You do get used to it. I feel a lot safer wearing the Moto helmet over the D2 (although I still like my D2). Sure, its warmer, but just take it off between runs and you will be fine. My Hurricane has much better ventilation than my D2 did.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

mtbr remember
    yeah, that thing looks cool.

I've got an older O'neal MX808 carbon hybrid helmet from a few years ago. Would never consider using it on my bike though...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Some Assembly Required
    Hey SMT bring that thing out to Windrock & see if it exceeds what the rock can dish out. I guarantee you won't feel the weight of it till after you smack the ground. Then its gonna feel like 50lbs.
    Sic art work.
    Last edited by man w/ one hand; 04-24-2007 at 01:33 PM.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Feb 2006
    Sick, love the graphics. I just got an MX helmet too to use for DH. Its an AXO with a skull on it too. I have an Azonic Fury and a Deviant, the AXO is much bigger and is way more padded. Yes it does look like its gonna be super hot but like KavuRider said just take it off in between runs and it should be ok.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    That's a sharp helmet.

Taken a few shots to the head over the years. Had a grade 2 concussion a couple years ago that left me unable to remember anything for a few weeks. Working through the heat must be easier than trying to get your memory back ;-)

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Actually SA2005 is the highest rating and is designed for car use. SA rated helmets are designed to protect the head from multiple impacts against a steel roll cage and have flame resisant padding.

M2005 is for motorcycles and the testing isn't as rigorous as that for cars, single impact only.
    Touchè

Stray Bullet
    Touchè
    I'm sorry if I wrote that in a bad way!

mtbr member
    Man! Don't you get hot enough already! Most pics of you are in full body armor, all black even in the summer months.

Safety first!
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Vert
    Man! Don't you get hot enough already! Most pics of you are in full body armor, all black even in the summer months.

Safety first!
    I would say any man/pirate who rides with at least one terry towel on his bike at all times does in fact, get (too) hot already.....

does that helmet have any vents at all?
    "Cram as much pleasure into life, and rail against the pain you have to suffer as a result" - Shane MacGowan

Bum Buzzer
    Put an eyepatch on the skull, that way it will be a pirate skull!!

I myself am a Space-Robot-Pirate-Ninja and feel this is a critical adjustment.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    Hey SMT bring that thing out to Windrock & see if it exceeds what the rock can dish out. I guarantee you won't feel the weight of it till after you smack the ground. Then its gonna feel like 50lbs.
    Sic art work.
    Windrock is great but SMT gets to meet the Boogie Man this weekend.............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Thunder Chunky
    do they run big compared to mtb helmets? i wear a large 661 so would it be a large in o'neal too? those graphics r pimp...who cares about the heat the graphics make up for it...
    Edit: actually i think im going to get this one instead lmao http://cgi.ebay.com/Mighty-THOR-DELU...QQcmdZViewItem
    Purple Popcorn

Lolligagger
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Windrock is great but SMT gets to meet the Boogie Man this weekend.............

I'm sure that new blingin' lid will sample the gigantic rock slabs on Boggie Man. That trail is crazy. Have fun.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by macrider
    I would say any man/pirate who rides with at least one terry towel on his bike at all times does in fact, get (too) hot already.....

does that helmet have any vents at all?
    barely none...one on the top and an exit....googles cover any air on the sides.....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman133
    do they run big compared to mtb helmets? i wear a large 661 so would it be a large in o'neal too? those graphics r pimp...who cares about the heat the graphics make up for it...
    Edit: actually i think im going to get this one instead lmao http://cgi.ebay.com/Mighty-THOR-DELU...QQcmdZViewItem
    try the XL first...they run a little small

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    barely none...one on the top and an exit....googles cover any air on the sides.....
    does it also have sealed non permeable ports for tubes running to the air pack and camelbak hidden under the depths of your armor? and possibly a breath filter that makes cool blow off valve release noises at speed?

yeah, my o'neal only has two little pencil sized vents above the brow line under the visor, which are closeable with sliding covers... you know, incase you aren't sweating enough. Looks like at least yours has a bit more...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Members who have read this thread: 0