New Helmet Ideas- Mtbr.com
    N* Bomber Crew

New Helmet Ideas

Hey I am in the market for a new Full Face Helmet. I currently own a SixSixOne Full Comp thats doing the job pretty well, but I want to get a helmet that is lighter, more ventilation, and will last me a very long time.

I'm looking into the TLD D2 line. Is the Carbon worth it? Its price tag is hefty......

I'm open to many ideas, but I'm looking at the TLD D2 mostly...oh...forgot the mention:
    Money is no object My dome is worth $$$
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

If you're looking for venting, check out the Specialized Deviant helmets too. I haven't seen any in person and they're new so not many people have, but they obviously pass safety standards since they're on the market in the US.

mtbr member
    I vote for the specialized deviant carbon. A little less then the tld and a lot lighter. Check mine out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

T.Dot Represent
    i just cracked my full face so im definitly gunna be picking up one of those deviants those are pretty sweet

how much $$$$$$$$$
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

mtbr member
    350 for the carbon. The other style will be near 100

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    what about one of those fancy fox ones with the titanium and every thing

Aug 2005
    Where can you buy the Deviant?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i love my giro mad max II carbon

I just got to hold one of those things at a race today. It is such a dreamy helmet. I would so XC it up in one of those. Super light and amazingly stiff faceguard. Also the venting is nothing short of impressive. If I was able to drop $350 on a lid, I would take the Deviant over a TLD in a heartbeat. The fiberglass model deviant will be priced around $130 or $150, depending on who you ask.

Oct 2004
    azonic fury or t55 for $100. new ones come out in the middle of november

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMk
    I just got to hold one of those things at a race today. It is such a dreamy helmet. I would so XC it up in one of those. Super light and amazingly stiff faceguard. Also the venting is nothing short of impressive. If I was able to drop $350 on a lid, I would take the Deviant over a TLD in a heartbeat. The fiberglass model deviant will be priced around $130 or $150, depending on who you ask.
    do you think it will hold up as well, withstand a crash as well as a tld? like a tld d2 tank or carbon?

N* Bomber Crew
    How does this TLD D2 compare to the others?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/143...ket-Helmet.htm

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    How does this TLD D2 compare to the others?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/143...ket-Helmet.htm
    never heard of the 'sprocket' before, but it looks okay, i'm sure it would offer great protection. sorta ugly, but a lot cheaper than most of the newer tld's (i'm guessing it's an older version?)

N* Bomber Crew
    Actually I think I'm sold on the Deviant. I got the wrong impression with the "team" paint which I personally don't like. But I want to get the non-carbon version in the paint job I like...it looks so freakin awesome. And all those vents? Hotttttt...and 130 bucks? Schweet.

mtbr member
    And the deviant has the retention system for a perfect snug fit. Can't go wrong with this helmet.

fungus amongus
    why does it seem that i've seen this thread one hundred times before
    don't do anything else but ride bicycles..I'm a very complex individual

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have one of the 661 Comps as well that I purchased recently. It fits me nice and doesn't feel all that heavy to me but I will agree that it just doesn't breathe worth a damn. Whenever I have to pedal up the shortest of climbs I'm practically hyperventilating since it feels like someone stuffed a sock in my mouth while I was pedalling. In addition, as soon as I stop the breath is funneled upwards to where it instantaneously fogs up my eyewear.

Do these other helmets breathe that much better than the cheaper models or is it just that full face helmets just don't breathe all that well. Even if the thing breathed twice as well as my current one I think I'd still be short of breath. That Deviant certainly looks like it has way larger air vents in the front than my 661 does. The breathing issues to me are far more critical than weight savings.

mtbr member
    because u have!!!! atleast once a week theres a new helmet thread....

Jul 2005
    I have a dc composite it is still really lite, and very comftorble and good protection

Glad to Be Alive
    ya dink da full bravo be 2 hot???????
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkeman
    I have one of the 661 Comps as well that I purchased recently. It fits me nice and doesn't feel all that heavy to me but I will agree that it just doesn't breathe worth a damn. Whenever I have to pedal up the shortest of climbs I'm practically hyperventilating since it feels like someone stuffed a sock in my mouth while I was pedalling. In addition, as soon as I stop the breath is funneled upwards to where it instantaneously fogs up my eyewear.

Do these other helmets breathe that much better than the cheaper models or is it just that full face helmets just don't breathe all that well. Even if the thing breathed twice as well as my current one I think I'd still be short of breath. That Deviant certainly looks like it has way larger air vents in the front than my 661 does. The breathing issues to me are far more critical than weight savings.
    I agree, I feel like a friggen fatass when I pedal with my comp on... like breathing air out of a toaster, but I have no fog problems with O-frames
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I agree, I feel like a friggen fatass when I pedal with my comp on... like breathing air out of a toaster, but I have no fog problems with O-frames
    weird i have the carbon with no problems and I am fat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    weird i have the carbon with no problems and I am fat
    The bravos breathe better than the comps...
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Hey I am in the market for a new Full Face Helmet. I currently own a SixSixOne Full Comp thats doing the job pretty well, but I want to get a helmet that is lighter, more ventilation, and will last me a very long time.

I'm looking into the TLD D2 line. Is the Carbon worth it? Its price tag is hefty......

I'm open to many ideas, but I'm looking at the TLD D2 mostly...oh...forgot the mention:
    Money is no object My dome is worth $$$
    I love my dainese helmet which is lighter that the TLD.

N* Bomber Crew
    I really like the deviant, but the new 06 TLD's are freaking OFF THE HOOK!!!

Still one question un-answered: Is Carbon worth the lighter weight for those who can compare...?

Members who have read this thread: 0