New Helmet- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Helmet

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New Helmet

I've been riding with no helmet for about a season, but since i really want to go bigger this year, i absolutely need and want a new helmet. I was wondering if its worth spending a little more on a full-face helmet or should i just get a BMX style helmet? I dont just want to ride DJ/Urban though, i also want to start doing some light freeriding and go to trails and stuff.

Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IonicRipper
    I've been riding with no helmet for about a season, but since i really want to go bigger this year, i absolutely need and want a new helmet. I was wondering if its worth spending a little more on a full-face helmet or should i just get a BMX style helmet? I dont just want to ride DJ/Urban though, i also want to start doing some light freeriding and go to trails and stuff.
    personally I would just go for a skate lid for jump/park stuff. I'll throw my D2 on when I attempt anything big, or something I'm just learning. But the comfort of a skate lid over a full face is enough to make me risk it most days.

Dec 2006
    the giro flak looks pretty good. in a while im gonna pick one up.

Jun 2005
    i like my bell faction..

I post too much.
    Skid lid always works.

mtbr remember
    yeah, I'd like to have both, but just the skate bucket right now....
    really wish I could afford a D2, but right now I'm looking at the Azonic Fury full-face for this season for FR/shuttling, and will just throw on the skate lid if I decide to wear a helmet when doing anything else.
    they are both gonna be hot in summer though, (yeah, I don't know why I chose black...), but I can't stand the roadie/xc head wedges...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Members who have read this thread: 0